Apple Watch too expensive?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The tech that is included in the WATCH is probably worth every bit of the $349 price tag. However, I will not be buying (yet). As cool as the device is, it’s still way to early in the product life cycle to lure me in. I will check back about the 3rd generation of the device. By then, it will be rocking it.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I think it is one gorgeous piece of hardware (as is expected from Apple). Although it is $349 to get your foot in the door and not cheap by any means if it works as well as I hope and expect then yea I totally think its worth it. I have had a pebble watch for a year and a half now, I use it everyday and I can see a lot more functionality with the Apple watch.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
On its own, no. Considering what it can do, $350 is not a bad deal, even $450.

You can get a Citizen watch for $300 that has several features or something like a Suunuto around the same price. So considering you pay $50 more to get an Apple Watch? Great deal.

BUT... when you're asking consumers who have a laptop, a smartphone, a tablet and probably upgrade the phone on a regular basis and possibly the tablet... to add a 3rd gadget? That's a bit of gadget overload.

JSHidaka

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No I don't think i can. I'll have to see though. Getting a new one of the new iPhones is my priority.

6 and 6+ doesn't offer me anything "good", don't like the design or bigger screen(I would be using 4s if it had Touch ID and better processor)

I might get an apple watch depending on the features they didn't announce like battery life....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alba Silva

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even pay 100€, it is a product for geeks. we dont need that for good sakes. How many trees have been cut to built those useless things ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't need this watch at any price. I do think it's higher than what most people can afford, regardless of how great it is. The average Joe is barely able to afford a smartphone. I'm not one who must have every latest greatest gadget. It's a nice device, but nah! I'll pass.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't need this watch at any price. I do think it's higher than what most people can afford, regardless of how great it is. The average Joe is barely able to afford a smartphone. I'm not one who must have every latest greatest gadget. It's a nice device, but nah! I'll pass.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

You say that now..... :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
All Apple products are expensive, but somehow they continue to sell and sell well. They own the US smartphone market share, 42.7% of people in the US, highest in history and the next closest competitor is at 26.3%. I wonder why?......because they make a GREAT product(s). I don't think the AppleWatch is any different and I don't think it's to expensive.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are a Casio/Timex watch person, yes, the Watch is too expensive.

If you are a Rolex, Omega, Lum-Tec (my current fav) etc etc watch person, no, the Watch is cheap.

Just depends on what type of person you are when it comes to watches.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
While I haven't done it myself, I know people that have spend well over $300 for a watch that did nothing but tell time.

That being said, I can definitely see myself getting one. It's funny because I couldn't care less about it, but after the keynote I'm amazed by it. It'll probably be my birthday gift to myself.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the price is where it should be. If it was any cheaper I wouldn't buy it.

Low price equals low quality cut corners type of product. Apple worked hard using high end material to make an elegant watch and the price will keep it off the wrists of the school bus crowd because that will make it look even cheaper

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh