I think the price is where it should be. If it was any cheaper I wouldn't buy it.

Low price equals low quality cut corners type of product. Apple worked hard using high end material to make an elegant watch and the price will keep it off the wrists of the school bus crowd because that will make it look even cheaper
    Or is that what they want you to think. Psychological pricing is a powerful and common strategy employed by many companies.
    09-16-2014 10:20 AM
    Or is that what they want you to think. Psychological pricing is a powerful and common strategy employed by many companies.
    Yeah, but without a demand for it, psychological pricing is irrelevant.
    kataran likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:27 AM
    Pricing does have many factors that drive it

Brand labeling, quality, competing elements

And it also comes down to build cost
    09-16-2014 10:28 AM
    I won't be getting one, but it's mainly due to my eyesight. I just ordered the iPhone 6 because I can barely see my Blackberry screen, a watch would be a complete waste on me.
    09-16-2014 11:10 AM
    I will purchase two.
    09-16-2014 12:35 PM
    I'm not crazy about the design and I come from the mindset that a watch should be something mechanical. I have great disdain for quartz watches. I do however like what Lenovo did with the Motorola 360. Having said that, I'll probably end up purchasing several before the second generation comes out. It's definitely not a "great" product now. But it's a fascinating product that will take the smart watch in a new direction. I believe this watch changes the game because it will be widely accepted despite it's current limitations. So there will be a lot of forward momentum in development and engineering for future itirations.
    Last edited by Art H; 09-28-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    09-16-2014 11:30 PM
    I want one, but the chances of me getting one are pretty slim within the first several months of launch. Maybe I'll get it for myself for Christmas 2015 or something, or maybe I'll wait until Watch 2 comes out.

I have an absolutely stunning, automatic mechanism (self-winding analog) watch that I rarely wear. I'm not sure I'd realistically wear a gadget I have to charge everyday. Not to mention habit has dictated that even if I wear a watch I still usually check the time via my mobile lock screen, hahaha. The features are great and it would be a runner's godsend IF it'd track you without being within X distance of the phone itself.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 01:26 AM
    A Pebble does all I want at a much lower price, so I don't see why I need to plunk down for an Apple Watch...
    09-27-2014 10:05 PM
    A Pebble does all I want at a much lower price, so I don't see why I need to plunk down for an Apple Watch...
    If a Pebble will take care of your smart watch needs, I'd go for it then
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-27-2014 11:55 PM
    If a Pebble will take care of your smart watch needs, I'd go for it then
    Exactly...
    09-27-2014 11:57 PM
    Would you pay $349 for the Apple Watch? Why or why not?
    I would not. The watch does not look good at all, and I expected a lot more from apple with how they were claiming all those high end watch makers better watch out. The apple watch does not look as good as the moto 360 or even the new lg watch.
    09-28-2014 02:59 PM
    I would not. The watch does not look good at all, and I expected a lot more from apple with how they were claiming all those high end watch makers better watch out. The apple watch does not look as good as the moto 360 or even the new lg watch.
    Yeah, it's not necessarily a leader in the looks department but it may win on implementation once it is released
    kataran likes this.
    09-28-2014 03:14 PM
    Yes I would pay for it
    09-30-2014 08:55 PM
    Yep but for wife not me.
    09-30-2014 09:02 PM
    If you are a Casio/Timex watch person, yes, the Watch is too expensive.

If you are a Rolex, Omega, Lum-Tec (my current fav) etc etc watch person, no, the Watch is cheap.

Just depends on what type of person you are when it comes to watches.
    Not necessarily true. I own several Casio G Shock watches that cost 300 plus.
    10-03-2014 09:20 PM
    Coming from someone who collects watches, $350 isn't expensive by any means. With that said, I will probably pick one up for myself and my fianc since we work out quite a bit and it could be beneficial.
    10-11-2014 07:54 AM
    I think maybe apple will do something along the lines of the first iPhones, start off really pricey ($600) and drop it down to something more sane
    10-19-2014 08:37 PM
    Is it worth the price? Absolutely. I'm sure all that tech crammed into such a small casing is not cheap. Is it worth it to me? No. I love watches. I don't have a good one get as I'm still in college and can't afford one that's more than 50 bucks lol, but I want a good watch. I'm not sold on the style of the face. I like the band options! That's awesome, but I'm pretty partial to circular watch faces.so the style isn't worth the 350. And as far as functions. I honestly only care If it shows the date, time,and activity info. Weather would be nice, particularly if it could actually tell me the temp around me, but this watch doesn't do that. Also, it's not even waterproof and it needs to be charged everyday, although a charging box may make it non noticeable. Overall I care about style watch functions, health functions and durability. This watch only fully delivers on 2 of those things. It's not uncommon for watches to be expensive. A 350$ watch is expensive but not ridiculous. Rolex's can cost 4000$ and I would not ever pay that for a watch. I would pay 350 but not for this watch, maybe gem 2 or 3. Honestly though, I'd have liked to see more of a combo of designs from both the iPhone 5 and 6. Those sharp lines edges would look KILLER on a watch mixed with some smooth corners AND a round watch face 😊 I should render one up when I have time 😊
    11-01-2014 12:01 AM
    I think if it does what I need and want it to do, it'll be worth whatever they charge for it.
    11-02-2014 01:06 AM
    I currently have a $2500 and $6500 watch so no $350 is not a lot.
    11-04-2014 09:42 AM
    I currently have a $2500 and $6500 watch so no $350 is not a lot.
    I'm totally curious what kind of watches you have.

I've never owned a watch myself, they are uncomfortable on my wrist.
    11-04-2014 09:44 AM
    $4000 for a crappy used one. My brother just got a limited edition Submariner Deep Sea for $14000.
    11-04-2014 09:45 AM
    I have a Fortis B42 chrono (the cheaper one) and an IWC Pilot watch chrono.
    11-04-2014 09:46 AM
    Is it worth the price? Absolutely. I'm sure all that tech crammed into such a small casing is not cheap. Is it worth it to me? No. I love watches. I don't have a good one get as I'm still in college and can't afford one that's more than 50 bucks lol, but I want a good watch. I'm not sold on the style of the face. I like the band options! That's awesome, but I'm pretty partial to circular watch faces.so the style isn't worth the 350. And as far as functions. I honestly only care If it shows the date, time,and activity info. Weather would be nice, particularly if it could actually tell me the temp around me, but this watch doesn't do that. Also, it's not even waterproof and it needs to be charged everyday, although a charging box may make it non noticeable. Overall I care about style watch functions, health functions and durability. This watch only fully delivers on 2 of those things. It's not uncommon for watches to be expensive. A 350$ watch is expensive but not ridiculous. Rolex's can cost 4000$ and I would not ever pay that for a watch. I would pay 350 but not for this watch, maybe gem 2 or 3. Honestly though, I'd have liked to see more of a combo of designs from both the iPhone 5 and 6. Those sharp lines edges would look KILLER on a watch mixed with some smooth corners AND a round watch face 😊 I should render one up when I have time 😊
    $4000 is really cheap for a Rolex. Your looking at $6-$20k on average.
    11-04-2014 09:48 AM
    I would honestly only pay up to $600 MAX for an Apple Watch. I plan on it being about $450 for the  Watch Sport 42 mm (so the upgraded size) but that's just a guess from me.
    11-06-2014 04:54 PM
266 12345 ...