I was disappointed in the price at first. I thought it would be under $200. Then I looked at my watch collection and realized I've spent at least $350 on things that look pretty and just tell time. I want one, but I'm not sure I could limit myself to just one watch.
    09-10-2014 11:56 AM
    On its own, no. Considering what it can do, $350 is not a bad deal, even $450.

You can get a Citizen watch for $300 that has several features or something like a Suunuto around the same price. So considering you pay $50 more to get an Apple Watch? Great deal.

BUT... when you're asking consumers who have a laptop, a smartphone, a tablet and probably upgrade the phone on a regular basis and possibly the tablet... to add a 3rd gadget? That's a bit of gadget overload.
    I have a $300 Suunto and I would pay $350 for the apple watch if it did the things my Suunto does without havin to be tethered to a phone. The Suunto would be perfect if it could store music or play pandora and play it wirelessly through bluetooth headphones. Adding he ability to receive texts would be icing on the cake. I expected all of this from the apple watch, so I am disappointed.
    09-10-2014 05:18 PM
    If you are a Casio/Timex watch person, yes, the Watch is too expensive.

If you are a Rolex, Omega, Lum-Tec (my current fav) etc etc watch person, no, the Watch is cheap.

Just depends on what type of person you are when it comes to watches.
    I'm an omega guy, so $350 is nothing lol.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2014 05:21 PM
    I don't think it's too expensive, I just like my traditional watch more. And I don't even wear that enough, as it is.

Sent from my Sony Xperia L
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-10-2014 05:51 PM
    Definitely not.
    Why?
    Because I'm a cheapo
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-10-2014 08:21 PM
    I would pay it & since I love the Edition version, I'm sure I'll be paying a lot more. I love watches & have a ton of them. If I'm willing to spend almost 10x more than the Apple Watch on a watch that is a standard timepiece, chronograph or stopwatch then I can shell out much less to add a watch to my collection that does much more
    09-10-2014 10:07 PM
    As is, I think the price is a bit steep. However, when more apps come in by December, it's value and functionaity might just increase and may be worth the 349 dollars that people will be paying.

But at this point, if had that money, i think i'd just sad another 50 dollars and buy an ipad mini.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-11-2014 05:13 AM
    To some people, its price is expensive, but to others, it is not. I suppose it depends on your salary and/or desire to get one of the watches.
    09-11-2014 07:57 AM
    Not at all, apple makes excellent hardware I'm sure the build is solid and you will pay a lot more for a high end wrist watch of its caliber.
    09-11-2014 03:52 PM
    Yellow or Rose gold?
    I'm a sucker for rose gold...
    09-11-2014 08:14 PM
    It's certainly on the higher end but I think it's an acceptable price
    09-11-2014 08:54 PM
    Apple could say it's 499 and people still would buy it ..
    Until they get massive battery life I'm holding out I love my pebble and the 7 day battery life is honestly the best feature having another device to charge nightly is a pita IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    terreos and Premium1 like this.
    09-11-2014 10:08 PM
    Not sure what it will cost in the Stainless Steel version with Stainless Steel Bracelet but considering what I pay for Swiss Made Mechanical watches I will pay what they ask and it will be worth every cent. I don't care if they take until late 2015 to make it available, at least I know it will work like every apple product I own.

To Answer your question..............too expensive.....No
    09-13-2014 05:38 AM
    EDIT : see post above
    Last edited by oroloi; 09-13-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    09-13-2014 05:46 AM
    I was expecting the watch to be $299. I was hoping for $199. So when I saw $349 I was definitely shocked. I don't really know what all it can do though. So maybe if it turns out it has alot to offer me then I'll get one. I don't have a problem paying a premium for a high quality product, but when it's an electronic device ment to be used as a tool I tend to get stingy. And to top it off it only lasts for one day and I have to charge it? I still don't like the fact that I have to do that with my phone. I think something like a smart watch has to last three days minimum. My work has me on the road on a regular basis and I'm no where near a wall plug so I can't be taking my watch off to charge it.
    09-14-2014 04:20 PM
    I'll stick with my pebble for now. Only functions I value right now with my smart watch is the ability to feel and read all notifications. Also being able to control my music control.
    09-14-2014 04:23 PM
    I'll stick with my pebble for now. Only functions I value right now with my smart watch is the ability to feel and read all notifications. Also being able to control my music control.
    Yeah, if I had a Pebble I'd probably hold off but I held off purchasing one to see if Apple would release a smart watch
    09-14-2014 04:27 PM
    Yeah, if I had a Pebble I'd probably hold off but I held off purchasing one to see if Apple would release a smart watch
    I bet a lot held out as well waiting for apple. I think the major benefit the pebble has over the apple watch is the battery life. For what the apple watch is able to do I doubt they will get it past 1-2 days. My pebble lasts me 5-7 days and I use it daily.
    09-14-2014 04:37 PM
    To some people, its price is expensive, but to others, it is not. I suppose it depends on your salary and/or desire to get one of the watches.
    I could afford one easily and honestly want one. But, battery life needs to be better. I can easily be away from an electric plug for almost 18 hours at a time. I can't have my watch die on me in the middle of work. And you know when a spokeman says a full day it's unlikely they mean 24 hrs.
    Premium1 and asherN like this.
    09-14-2014 05:23 PM
    I bet a lot held out as well waiting for apple. I think the major benefit the pebble has over the apple watch is the battery life. For what the apple watch is able to do I doubt they will get it past 1-2 days. My pebble lasts me 5-7 days and I use it daily.
    Very true, if they can get closer to the 2 day mark I'll be happy
    miketko likes this.
    09-14-2014 06:10 PM
    I purchased one of my friends a watch for either last Christmas or his birthday. A nice looking watch. Only cost around 20.00.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB
    09-15-2014 03:43 PM
    $350 is only the starting price. Imagine what the Edition rose gold model is going to cost!
    09-15-2014 04:00 PM
    I am thinking $350 will be the model no one wants. After you get the version you want, with the band you want, I imagine you are looking in the range of $500, maybe more. I was hoping it would match the ability of my Garmin fenix 2. If it had, I'd be willing to go $50-$100 more than what I paid for that, which puts me close to the projected prices of the Apple Watch. Unfortunately, with it having to be tethered to the phone (and hence, pretty reliant on cell service), not waterproof, and likely only a day of battery life, I just don't think it's in the cards for me this time around.

Further, when thinking about what the watch does, it may be difficult for Apple to convince a lot of people that it had $500 worth of value. To me, the activity stuff is too far behind it's dedicated competition (Polar, Garmin, and Suunto) to be taken seriously. That leaves you mostly with notifications. That's a tough sell.
    09-15-2014 09:13 PM
    For those that almost pulled the trigger and bought a Wrist device but somehow waited it out knowing that Apple would someday get on the bandwagon are gonna be the core buying crowd for the Apple Watch which will include me
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:19 AM
    For those that almost pulled the trigger and bought a Wrist device but somehow waited it out knowing that Apple would someday get on the bandwagon are gonna be the core buying crowd for the Apple Watch which will include me
    ....and me...SMILE
    kataran likes this.
    09-16-2014 09:07 AM
266 1234 ...