As asked in the title, does it bother you that the Apple Watch will only work with the iPhone 5 and above?
    09-09-2014 02:48 PM
    People that use devices under the 5 probably aren't going to chuck out $350 for a watch...
    09-09-2014 02:50 PM
    no
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 02:52 PM
    Not at all....Time to upgrade
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 03:04 PM
    Yes, but I respect the strategy, and it fits with Apple's reputation for unified experiences
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 03:28 PM
    I think the Apple watch is a dumb idea. It looks fancy but the fact that you have to be tethered to your iPhone is stupid. No innovation at all in my honest opinion. Did the iPhone become less portable all of a sudden that I can't just pull out my iPhone that I have to have on me anyways? Is that too much work all of a sudden? Not much of a convenience anyways, just another thing to charge at the end of the night. I will be purchasing a new iPhone however.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 03:53 PM
    I was actually surprised I assumed only the 5s would work because of the M8 processor
    Duvi and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-09-2014 04:16 PM
    I doubt I would even try to view photos on it. Not what I wanted it for, but the sport version and the fitness stuff is exactly what I was after.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 04:45 PM
    As asked in the title, does it bother you that the Apple Watch will only work with the iPhone 5 and above?
    Not at all. I see it as a first generation device. I probably won’t bother with it for another year or two.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 04:47 PM
    I thought the same thing. But I was so wrong about the ipad. I thought, who would want a big phone?? Maybe I will be wrong about the iwatch also. But I am trying to see how it is convient? Do I need to bring my phone with me, when I go for a run, just so the iwatch will work??? If that is the case, then I dont see many people buying the watch. But if I can leave the iphone at home, and go for a run with the watch, and everything still works, then it is a great idea.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 04:53 PM
    Not at all. I'm glad it will work with my 5s because in don't want a big phone right now.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 06:19 PM
    It bothers me that you need to be tethered to your phone. I don't want to go out on a run and have to have my big *** phone in my pocket. What's the point of the watch?? I won't even consider buying one until they fix this issue. Until then, the watch is just a companion to the iphone that makes no sense. I already have a $300 watch that has a GPS and will tell my heart rate and calories burned. I don't need another watch that won't do that without being connected to my phone.
    Anthonyiamador and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-09-2014 06:24 PM
    It bothers me that you need to be tethered to your phone. I don't want to go out on a run and have to have my big *** phone in my pocket.
    Do we know this will be the case?
    09-09-2014 06:26 PM
    I thought the same thing. But I was so wrong about the ipad. I thought, who would want a big phone?? Maybe I will be wrong about the iwatch also. But I am trying to see how it is convient? Do I need to bring my phone with me, when I go for a run, just so the iwatch will work??? If that is the case, then I dont see many people buying the watch. But if I can leave the iphone at home, and go for a run with the watch, and everything still works, then it is a great idea.
    You have to have your phone with you. If they can come up,with some way to share data with the iphone so I can use the watch as a GPS, and receive texts then I'm interested. Especially if I can listen to music through wireless earphones. Otherwise, no thanks. Why don't they just put a GPS receiver in the watch? There are lots of good GPS watches out there and this doesn't compete with any of them.
    09-09-2014 06:28 PM
    An article on the front page says it is.
    09-09-2014 06:29 PM
    Nope not at all.
    09-09-2014 06:30 PM
    I got a mixed message from what he said in the event

But if you watched the video I didn't see them carrying there phone when they were running I'm thinking for input there's no phone needed if it works with the i5 and the i5c that have no motion chip it must be build into the watch itself
    09-09-2014 06:31 PM
    I got a mixed message from what he said in the event

But if you watched the video I didn't see them carrying there phone when they were running I'm thinking for input there's no phone needed if it works with the i5 and the i5c that have no motion chip it must be build into the watch itself
    Yes, but will it tell me how far I ran, my pace, time elapsed, elevation gained, etc. without having my phone on me? Based on what I'm reading, no.
    09-09-2014 06:36 PM
    No. And for reasons already stated. I too have no use for the watch. Not at that price. I don't even like wearing stuff on my wrist or arm. It is nice though. But for those who have to have the latest greatest and can afford it. The Apple Watch is way down on my priority budget list. Way down.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    09-09-2014 06:36 PM
    09-09-2014 07:26 PM
    Oh well I see the reasoning
    09-09-2014 07:28 PM
    They say release will be in "early 2015," which is code for any time before June and probably by March. That's half a year away. Another way of looking at it, at the time of release it'll work with a 2.5 year old device
    09-10-2014 01:26 AM
    No I thought they did a good job actually with making it compatible with older models. Means I'll have to get an iPhone now just to be able to use the watch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-10-2014 04:07 AM
    No, it doesn't bother me. I expected it.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-10-2014 05:11 AM
    It doesn't bother me about that, but I am bothered by the price. I think it's too expensive.
    09-10-2014 05:30 AM
51 123