Does it bother you that the Apple Watch will only work with the iPhone 5 and above?

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
They say release will be in "early 2015," which is code for any time before June and probably by March. That's half a year away. Another way of looking at it, at the time of release it'll work with a 2.5 year old device

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No I thought they did a good job actually with making it compatible with older models. Means I'll have to get an iPhone now just to be able to use the watch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
A Movado is 400 bucks and it's just a watch. An Omega is 1K bucks and it's just a watch.
This connects me to my data at a fraction of an Omega or a Rolex. Not too expensive at all.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
A Movado is 400 bucks and it's just a watch. An Omega is 1K bucks and it's just a watch.
This connects me to my data at a fraction of an Omega or a Rolex. Not too expensive at all.

Very true

I couldn't tell if you had an expensive Movado or a cheap knockoff on your wrist anyway. I once bought a fake Rolex in NY city use to wear it at the clubs back in my 20ths no one knew the difference

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Easy way to tell a Movado-take a nail file to the face. If it scratches it's not a Movado.
Also -Rokex doesn't tick, it sweeps.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
IMO standard price point on something like this.. I have lots of watches that do just that - TIME.. Nothing else... Though they have high spec's, diver rating, etc, but those cost me a good bundle.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't bother me.

Frankly, I was expecting Apple to pull something like it only works with iPhone 6 and above (or at least 5s and above), so seeing the 5 works with it too is nice.

Also useful to me because the Apple Watch is the only thing shown yesterday that makes me want to buy more tech. Sticking with my 5s phone, but I will buy a watch when they're released.

LandRovers

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Not really, especially considering the 5 and 5C don't have TouchID or Pay. The Watch will enable them to do that. And it's not like the 5 was a failure, it's only one of the best selling smartphones of all time.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't bother me about that, but I am bothered by the price. I think it's too expensive.

I can see what you mean but as an avid watch collector, my daily-driver watch cost me ?500 (about $820) and the most expensive watch in my collection cost me ?5500 (a shade under $9000) so even in the UK, the Watch will be expensive but easily underneath the budget I normally spend on a watch. I estimate about the same in pounds as the dollar cost, about ?350. I may buy this on one of my jaunts to LA though. as saving money is always a good thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods