Samsung Galaxy Gear S vs Apple iWatch.

DINGSTER1

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at the Gear S myself simply for the fact that can operate independently of the phone and has a sim slot... it's a big one though. ..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That in and of itself doesn't make our better, just better for you. I do however agree, I am bought into the Apple ecosystem myself and will likely buy the Apple watch. I have actually put off buying a watch waiting to see what apple was going to do. I'm pleased with the results. I think they are packing to many features into a 1.0 device,but we will see.

Thats why I included the word "ME" in my first sentence. I always base MY decisions on MY needs and wants.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at the Gear S myself simply for the fact that can operate independently of the phone and has a sim slot... it's a big one though. ..

And how will you answer calls if you're in the street? Speaker?
I'm looking for a smart watch to use with my iPhone 5s. Any suggestion? I like the gear, but I don't know if will work with iPhone.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
And how will you answer calls if you're in the street? Speaker?
I'm looking for a smart watch to use with my iPhone 5s. Any suggestion? I like the gear, but I don't know if will work with iPhone.
Unfortunately, the Gear S, which can act as a standalone watch/phone once you pair it with your main smartphone, only works on most Samsung phones, the same way the Apple Watch will with only Apple phones.

As a tech enthusiast, I got the Gear S soon after launch day, less than a week ago. I especially love the curve display, but there are some areas needing tweaking, so hopefully updates will come soon.

Here are examples one of the many customized watch faces. As you can see, the apps can easily be chosen without a "digital crown" or knob; no need to turn anything to pinch and zoom; navigation has been superb. It is far from perfect though. If Apple gets rid of the digital crown and lower the price of their watch, I may heavily consider switching platform, and buy it. The interchangeable straps and software seem awesome.

Attachments

• 1415846475423.jpg
    1415846475423.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1415846507796.jpg
    1415846507796.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Gear S, which can act as a standalone watch/phone once you pair it with your main smartphone, only works on most Samsung phones, the same way the Apple Watch will with only Apple phones.

As a tech enthusiast, I got the Gear S soon after launch day, less than a week ago. I especially love the curve display, but there are some areas needing tweaking, so hopefully updates will come soon.

Here are examples of one of the many customized watch faces. As you can see, the apps can easily be chosen without a "digital crown" or knob; no need to turn anything to pinch and zoom; navigation has been superb. It is far from perfect though. If Apple gets rid of the digital crown and lower the price of their watch, I may heavily consider switching platform, and buy it. The interchangeable straps and software seem awesome.

And what do you think will most fit me before iWatch? Gear1? I read you need jailbreak to work with apple phone. Pebble is expensive 229? to Europe)...

Ethereal

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I would rather wait another year for the release of the second generation of the Apple Watch. It is a new device, so it may be considered an experiment, even though they are working hard to make it as good as possible. The same went for Sony and Samsung's watches.
Just my opinion, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro