And how will you answer calls if you're in the street? Speaker?
    I'm looking for a smart watch to use with my iPhone 5s. Any suggestion? I like the gear, but I don't know if will work with iPhone.
    Unfortunately, the Gear S, which can act as a standalone watch/phone once you pair it with your main smartphone, only works on most Samsung phones, the same way the Apple Watch will with only Apple phones.

As a tech enthusiast, I got the Gear S soon after launch day, less than a week ago. I especially love the curve display, but there are some areas needing tweaking, so hopefully updates will come soon.

Here are examples one of the many customized watch faces. As you can see, the apps can easily be chosen without a "digital crown" or knob; no need to turn anything to pinch and zoom; navigation has been superb. It is far from perfect though. If Apple gets rid of the digital crown and lower the price of their watch, I may heavily consider switching platform, and buy it. The interchangeable straps and software seem awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Gear S vs Apple iWatch.-1415846475423.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Gear S vs Apple iWatch.-1415846507796.jpg  
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 11-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    fabio984 likes this.
    11-12-2014 09:42 PM
    Unfortunately, the Gear S, which can act as a standalone watch/phone once you pair it with your main smartphone, only works on most Samsung phones, the same way the Apple Watch will with only Apple phones.

As a tech enthusiast, I got the Gear S soon after launch day, less than a week ago. I especially love the curve display, but there are some areas needing tweaking, so hopefully updates will come soon.

Here are examples of one of the many customized watch faces. As you can see, the apps can easily be chosen without a "digital crown" or knob; no need to turn anything to pinch and zoom; navigation has been superb. It is far from perfect though. If Apple gets rid of the digital crown and lower the price of their watch, I may heavily consider switching platform, and buy it. The interchangeable straps and software seem awesome.
    And what do you think will most fit me before iWatch? Gear1? I read you need jailbreak to work with apple phone. Pebble is expensive 229 to Europe)...
    11-13-2014 04:01 AM
    I would rather wait another year for the release of the second generation of the Apple Watch. It is a new device, so it may be considered an experiment, even though they are working hard to make it as good as possible. The same went for Sony and Samsung's watches.
    Just my opinion, though.
    11-15-2014 10:40 AM
    That Gear S is HUGE! I wouldn't wear something that big on my wrist
    11-17-2014 08:04 PM
29 12