According to Apple employees, one of the disadvantages of the iWatch will be bad battery life.

I guess we'll find out for sure in four days! The longest 4 days of my life!
    09-05-2014 05:20 PM
    I highly doubt any Apple employee is allowed to say anything about Apple's wearables. Anything you've heard or read is likely a rumour, and not a very smart rumour considering we know almost nothing about the watch that Apple may or may not announce.
    09-05-2014 05:35 PM
    Whatever we say right now about an unveiled device is mostly speculation so, like you said, we won't know for sure until Apple shows their new devices and better yet after people try it out, not long now
    09-05-2014 05:36 PM
    I don't believe the Apple Watch will have any stunning battery life. It'll drain after a day of use. So does my iPhone. I actually think the phones will drain faster now too, since they'll be tethered (via Bluetooth?).
    09-14-2014 05:46 PM
    I don't believe the Apple Watch will have any stunning battery life. It'll drain after a day of use. So does my iPhone. I actually think the phones will drain faster now too, since they'll be tethered (via Bluetooth?).
    You'll only lose a few percent of battery life because of the tether, Bluetooth 4.0 is very efficient
    09-14-2014 06:02 PM
    You'll only lose a few percent of battery life because of the tether, Bluetooth 4.0 is very efficient
    Mmm...my experience with Pebble and other BT LE advices tells me otherwise. Much more significant in my experience. Time will tell.
    09-14-2014 06:16 PM
    I honestly must have my head on wrong or something. But, if I was designing a smart watch the first thing I would make a priority would be battery life. I really don't want another device to plug in every night and have it ready for the next day.
    09-14-2014 07:10 PM
    I honestly must have my head on wrong or something. But, if I was designing a smart watch the first thing I would make a priority would be battery life. I really don't want another device to plug in every night and have it ready for the next day.
    I tend to agree, but we may be in the minority. I would choose a low resolution B&W display if it meant 1+ week of battery life. However, the majority of people may choose a hi-res full colour display as long as they can get an entire day out of the battery followed by a quick charge.

I'd be happy with sometime in between, but if the current crop of smart watches is any indication, a full colour screen is going to result in poor battery life.
    09-15-2014 10:06 PM
    We won't know until the product is released.Time will tell
    09-17-2014 05:37 AM
    It looks to be 1 day, but that doesn't bother me. Wish it was like my Pebble's battery, but the Apple Watch will do much more than my Pebble ever will. It's a tradeoff
    11-14-2014 07:38 PM