Finally an Alert on Apple Watch if you forget your iPhone !

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for this since serie-0...
You can now have that with that application:

"Phone Buddy Notifier for Watch" !

If you want, It’s also can alert you on your iPhone if you forgot your watch !

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
« Phone Buddy Notifier is a freemium app. The premium feature is called Active Mode and grants access to Phone Lost Alert and Last Connected Map. All other app features are free.

To get Active Mode you can subscribe OR pay for it one time. The subscription and one time payment grant access to the same feature, Active Mode. The One Time payment means you will never have to pay again. »

If you want to try it before buying it, choose the monthly subscription and you will have one week free and you can cancel it and take the premium paiement or delete the app if you don’t like it !

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
After a few days with the app, it super cool ! It work well and you can select the distance you want to be alerted !
Close or medium or far
And notify you once or repeat every minute until you decide to stop it or you found your iPhone.

I set mine to "close" and it’s about 30 feet’s...
I did not test the medium and far option...

When alerted you can also dismiss the alert for half an hour or the reste of the day. In case you work a bit far from your iPhone but you know where it is !

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This is not for me. I want it built-in if I want it at all. I don't want to have to trust a third party company to have information about my location or the location of my iPhone.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This is not for me. I want it built-in if I want it at all. I don't want to have to trust a third party company to have information about my location or the location of my iPhone.

I wish for a built-in for that since serie-0 !

Why Apple never did it... maybe that's because they work on their version of Tile device for locating thing since the serie-1 or 2... ?

Phone-Buddy prouve that it’s easy to do and Apple should have do it !

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

So then I guess you’re not using any smartphone at all? Because if you are then yes, companies do have information on you. You can turn all the settings off but they still have info. They can’t legally do anything with it, but they have it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I got the app and so far I’m not impressed. While it’s a great concept, needs more work. Distance settings really seem to fluctuate a lot. At work I may get up to get coffee and I’ll get an alert once out of five times.

Again, great concept but not quite ready for prime time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So then I guess you’re not using any smartphone at all? Because if you are then yes, companies do have information on you. You can turn all the settings off but they still have info. They can’t legally do anything with it, but they have it.

Let me clarify. I don’t want an unknown third party company to have information about my phone location. Other apps that I install I have control over whether they have info about my location; I know which apps have it. For this one, I’d have to let it in order to get this functionality.

And, honestly, it’s functionality I don’t need. I always have my phone on me. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t. And, if I did, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I can see why people would want it. I don’t think they should have to sacrifice location information to a third party to get it. Apple should provide this functionality.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Let me clarify. I don’t want an unknown third party company to have information about my phone location. Other apps that I install I have control over whether they have info about my location; I know which apps have it. For this one, I’d have to let it in order to get this functionality.

And, honestly, it’s functionality I don’t need. I always have my phone on me. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t. And, if I did, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I can see why people would want it. I don’t think they should have to sacrifice location information to a third party to get it. Apple should provide this functionality.

Well it’s not just forgetting you iPhone at home, it’s also if you loose it !
It will alert you before you realize that you have loose it !
And help you find it back !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro