I've been an Apple Watch 4 user and very satisfied so far. Has anyone tried the Apple Watch 5? Is it worth it?
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    10-13-2019 02:33 AM
    I've been an Apple Watch 4 user and very satisfied so far. Has anyone tried the Apple Watch 5? Is it worth it?
    Yes, and the general consensus is that unless you really want the Watch Series 5 and/or its always-on display, stick with your Series 4.

With that being said, take some time to visit an Apple Store, Best Buy or another retail store that sells the Watch and check it out for yourself. Afterwards, you decide whether or not the upgrade is worth it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-13-2019 06:31 AM
    I have a S5, which I bought as an upgrade from the S2. It is definitely a great upgrade from a S1, S2, and maybe even a S3. I personally would suggest staying with the S4, though. Performance is the same, software is the same (except for the compass, something I never used and would never rely on as a serious compass anyway).

That said, always on display (AOD) was a big selling point for me. I was regularly frustrated while I was in a running workout by the dark display that would not light up without tapping or an obvious and exaggerated wrist turn. I love having AOD. But the truth is that I was planning to get a S5 this year anyway, and would have even without AOD. I can't believe that AOD display is worth the cost to upgrade from a S4. My opinion, anyway.
    anachrotech and nikkisharif like this.
    10-13-2019 12:43 PM
    I just want to say hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!
    10-13-2019 01:07 PM
    I am a first time Apple Watch user and I looked at both for the little difference in the price I went with the 5. I looked at the 3 but the 5 was much better features wise and screen size.
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    10-13-2019 01:24 PM
    I also recently bit the bullet and went to S5 from S4. Yes the AOD is great but seems like on watchOS 6.0.1 now, seems to be taking a toll on the battery, but still lasts me the day.

I sold off my S4 so recovered back some cost to it.
    10-14-2019 12:58 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I also have the AW4 and I've decided to skip the AW5 because AOD isn't that appealing to me to upgrade.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-14-2019 01:08 PM
    I also recently bit the bullet and went to S5 from S4. Yes the AOD is great but seems like on watchOS 6.0.1 now, seems to be taking a toll on the battery, but still lasts me the day.

I sold off my S4 so recovered back some cost to it.
    I get 18 hours plus from my series 5 watch.
    10-15-2019 03:19 PM
    Just as others have stated, upgrading from S4 to S5 is not going to be worth the cost to most users. If you absolutely need the always-on display, you're upgrading to a higher edition (i.e. aluminum to titanium), your S4 is out of warranty and you just ran it over with your car, or you simply have too much money on your hands then feel free to upgrade. As for everyone else, it's probably best to wait another year.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:28 PM
    I get 18 hours plus from my series 5 watch.
    I don’t wear my watch 18 hrs straight but on average when I removed it from the charger at 7am and remove it from my wrist after getting home from work around 6:30pm, was left with about 30-40% range.
    10-16-2019 01:58 PM