Apple Watch S5 - Upgrade or Not (Yes for me)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I’m the same way! I tried to like the aluminum for myself but it’s much too sporty & light for my wardrobe. The stainless is light too, but I can deal with it more than the aluminum.

I totally understand. For me, I’m not too worried about the cost. If I like it & wear it often, that’s enough bang for my buck. It’s similar to the iPhone. I never sell my products, since I usually hand them down. This one is no different.

I like having a more sporty lightweight option for my wardrobe so I can change things up depending on the occasion. But I feel you and it’s nice that Apple offers us different watch case materials to choose from as to meet the needs of most people at varying price points. I call my Apple Watch my go-to don’t care what happens to it watch as it’s totally replaceable to me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
My first S4 was a 40” SG aluminum & I just couldn’t love it fully. I traded it for the 44mm gold stainless & haven’t looked back. I absolutely love the stainless!!! I’m not sure what I’ll go for next go round, but it’ll definitely be stainless or ceramic.

I'm not even using an iPhone as my daily driver right now, but I can't give up my Apple Watch. LOL

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I like having a more sporty lightweight option for my wardrobe so I can change things up depending on the occasion. But I feel you and it’s nice that Apple offers us different watch case materials to choose from as to meet the needs of most people at varying price points. I call my Apple Watch my go-to don’t care what happens to it watch as it’s totally replaceable to me.

So true!!

I'm not even using an iPhone as my daily driver right now, but I can't give up my Apple Watch. LOL

Oh wow LOL. This says a lot for the Apple Watch!!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
My first S4 was a 40” SG aluminum & I just couldn’t love it fully. I traded it for the 44mm gold stainless & haven’t looked back. I absolutely love the stainless!!! I’m not sure what I’ll go for next go round, but it’ll definitely be stainless or ceramic.

I had the white ceramic series 3. It was pretty but it cost way more than it was worth in my opinion. I have a gold stainless steel now and I love it. Would never get another ceramic one.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the Series 3 still, so I'd like the Series 5. The Titanium looks are disappointing to me. I was hoping it'd look better, and that price!! 850.00 for the 44mm. I've always wanted a Ceramic, but again, it's outta my price range.

I want the titanium so bad but man the watch just isn’t worth upgrading every year since it’s so expensive and the resale value is so low. saving up for 2021

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I want the titanium so bad but man the watch just isn’t worth upgrading every year since it’s so expensive and the resale value is so low. saving up for 2021

I'm still debating. I doubt I'm gonna preorder one though. Just wait until they're in stores. Right now I'm trying out a Galaxy Watch, so I can wait.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still debating. I doubt I'm gonna preorder one though. Just wait until they're in stores. Right now I'm trying out a Galaxy Watch, so I can wait.

Ooo how do you like the galaxy watch!? I went and checked them out at Best Buy but man I hated all the preloaded watch faces and I looked at the top watch faces in the galaxy store and they were all terrible.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ooo how do you like the galaxy watch!? I went and checked them out at Best Buy but man I hated all the preloaded watch faces and I looked at the top watch faces in the galaxy store and they were all terrible.

I mean, it's not terrible, but it's no Apple Watch. I got it free with my Note 10+ so I'm trying to give it a fair shot.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think that the new watch is awesome, but I'm going to hang on to my Series 3 for at least one more year! It's still awesome!

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
What happened to the rumored health improvements? FOr example, the hearing monitor? IS that not mentioned because it will be in software, and not restricted to the Series 5 watch?

jeraldjamescapao88

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
I like it, especially the Titanium... until I see the price, not sure if going with it... like the always on. Since the iPhone Pro was such a dud (IMHO) announcement for me, the Watch is the only thing I am excited about.

What about you?

1st order? Upgrade? If upgrading, upgrading from what?

Yessss for me. The Titanium one.
It looks stunning

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yessss for me. The Titanium one.
It looks stunning

It's been in my shopping cart since Yesterday, but with tax, apple care, and the watch, $1K is a big spend considering my my S4 Space Gray is flawless, not a tiny scratch. If the new S5 was flatter or had a different or more cool design I could click "buy" w/o issue. I don't care about always on (would turn that off anyway) and the compass is not a big deal, and being a 55 y/o male, I am not tracking my "flow" anytime soon. I just can't justify it.

Going to wait to see what the October event reveals. I have an iPad Pro 2018 now... let's see what the new iPad Pros (if any) bring.... (I love the new iPadOS) and I am considering jumping from a Windows 10 Laptop to a MacBook Pro, but again let's see what the new MacBook Pro will look like in a couple months.

The watch... I can't commit to clicking "buy" for really a "metal change"

jeraldjamescapao88

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
It's been in my shopping cart since Yesterday, but with tax, apple care, and the watch, $1K is a big spend considering my my S4 Space Gray is flawless, not a tiny scratch. If the new S5 was flatter or had a different or more cool design I could click "buy" w/o issue. I don't care about always on (would turn that off anyway) and the compass is not a big deal, and being a 55 y/o male, I am not tracking my "flow" anytime soon. I just can't justify it.

Going to wait to see what the October event reveals. I have an iPad Pro 2018 now... let's see what the new iPad Pros (if any) bring.... (I love the new iPadOS) and I am considering jumping from a Windows 10 Laptop to a MacBook Pro, but again let's see what the new MacBook Pro will look like in a couple months.

The watch... I can't commit to clicking "buy" for really a "metal change"

Oh... was that the cellular version? Is there a Titanium version for just the non-cellular one?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh... was that the cellular version? Is there a Titanium version for just the non-cellular one?

No, Only GPS + Cellular for the higher end "Edition" Watches, so $900 + 10.1% Tax + Apple Care = $1200 for a watch that I already have... except for a few minor changes.

jeraldjamescapao88

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
No, Only GPS + Cellular for the higher end "Edition" Watches, so $900 + 10.1% Tax + Apple Care = $1200 for a watch that I already have... except for a few minor changes.

Uh-Ohh! So no Titanium for me then...
I won’t be using any cellular device which is always near to my body (like the watch) - too much radiation exposure.

Kinda expensive also.

Any ideas about the Ceramic version for GPS models?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2