Apple Watch S5 - Upgrade or Not (Yes for me)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I like it, especially the Titanium... until I see the price, not sure if going with it... like the always on. Since the iPhone Pro was such a dud (IMHO) announcement for me, the Watch is the only thing I am excited about.

What about you?

1st order? Upgrade? If upgrading, upgrading from what?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I was not impressed with the new iPhone. And I really had no intention of getting a new watch either, but I don’t know now! Going to have to think about that for a while.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I was not impressed with the new iPhone. And I really had no intention of getting a new watch either, but I don’t know now! Going to have to think about that for a while.

I’m not sure. I’ll decide in November or December whether I’ll upgrade or not.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I didn't see anything here to warrant upgrading from my AW4. My battery life is just fine (usually well over 50% when I put it on the charger) and the always on display isn't that important to me. You barely have to turn your wrist to get the display to come on anyway.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have the Series 3 still, so I'd like the Series 5. The Titanium looks are disappointing to me. I was hoping it'd look better, and that price!! 850.00 for the 44mm. I've always wanted a Ceramic, but again, it's outta my price range.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I already knew I would not get the iphone 11 . Maybe next year.
The watch Im interested in though.
My sister is going to get the iphone 11 , wants me to go with her.I will check the watch out then

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the new Watch 5 in my shopping cart and having trouble pulling the trigger. I really could not care less about the always on... and I like the S4 now. Granted Titanium is cool / fun... but $1K for it and only get $300 selling my watch. It it $700 cool (Plus Apple Care)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That’s a no for me!! I’ll definitely accept the SB Hermès as a gift lol, but I won’t be purchasing one myself. My S4 is perfect

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I keep going through the changes on the Apple page and keep holding off on checking out. Will wait to see Watch OS6 on my S4 and then decide. I have 13.1(b) on my iPhone XS-Max and on my iPad Pro 12.9 / 2018 and love it (aside from a few bugs).... so maybe the Watch OS will be all the difference I need.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a series 3. So I think it was worth it. I went aluminum as usual. That way I don’t feel bad upgrading every other year. My Apple Card is titanium. That’s enough

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded from a series 3. So I think it was worth it. I went aluminum as usual. That way I don’t feel bad upgrading every other year. My Apple Card is titanium. That’s enough

Aluminum is the best deal especially if upgrading often. Would love titanium but not at that price point so aluminum once again will be enough for me.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I can't bring myself to go back to aluminum after having the stainless.

For me since this is only an Apple Watch which depreciates over time unlike my Rolex and Cartier watches then aluminum suits me just fine but I get what you're saying though. If it's the real deal then yes I want the best material but if not it's a no-go and I'll just take the best bang for the buck.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't bring myself to go back to aluminum after having the stainless.

I’m the same way! I tried to like the aluminum for myself but it’s much too sporty & light for my wardrobe. The stainless is light too, but I can deal with it more than the aluminum.

For me since this is only an Apple Watch which depreciates over time unlike my Rolex and Cartier watches then aluminum suits me just fine but I get what you're saying though. If it's the real deal then yes I want the best material but if not it's a no-go and I'll just take the best bang for the buck.

I totally understand. For me, I’m not too worried about the cost. If I like it & wear it often, that’s enough bang for my buck. It’s similar to the iPhone. I never sell my products, since I usually hand them down. This one is no different.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m the same way! I tried to like the aluminum for myself but it’s much too sporty & light for my wardrobe. The stainless is light too, but I can deal with it more than the aluminum.

I had the aluminum for the og, and Series 1. I splurged on the Space Black with LTE for the Series 3. I either want another Space Black or the white Ceramic when I upgrade again.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the aluminum for the og, and Series 1. I splurged on the Space Black with LTE for the Series 3. I either want another Space Black or the white Ceramic when I upgrade again.

My first S4 was a 40” SG aluminum & I just couldn’t love it fully. I traded it for the 44mm gold stainless & haven’t looked back. I absolutely love the stainless!!! I’m not sure what I’ll go for next go round, but it’ll definitely be stainless or ceramic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal