I have the Series 3 still, so I'd like the Series 5. The Titanium looks are disappointing to me. I was hoping it'd look better, and that price!! 850.00 for the 44mm. I've always wanted a Ceramic, but again, it's outta my price range.
    I want the titanium so bad but man the watch just isn’t worth upgrading every year since it’s so expensive and the resale value is so low. saving up for 2021
    09-10-2019 10:03 PM
    I want the titanium so bad but man the watch just isn’t worth upgrading every year since it’s so expensive and the resale value is so low. saving up for 2021
    I'm still debating. I doubt I'm gonna preorder one though. Just wait until they're in stores. Right now I'm trying out a Galaxy Watch, so I can wait.
    09-10-2019 10:08 PM
    I'm still debating. I doubt I'm gonna preorder one though. Just wait until they're in stores. Right now I'm trying out a Galaxy Watch, so I can wait.
    Ooo how do you like the galaxy watch!? I went and checked them out at Best Buy but man I hated all the preloaded watch faces and I looked at the top watch faces in the galaxy store and they were all terrible.
    09-10-2019 10:11 PM
    Ooo how do you like the galaxy watch!? I went and checked them out at Best Buy but man I hated all the preloaded watch faces and I looked at the top watch faces in the galaxy store and they were all terrible.
    I mean, it's not terrible, but it's no Apple Watch. I got it free with my Note 10+ so I'm trying to give it a fair shot.
    09-10-2019 10:34 PM
    I can't bring myself to go back to aluminum after having the stainless.
    My first was SS, second aluminum, and I thought I'd be bothered by it but after a day or two I quit noticing.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-11-2019 05:37 AM
    No, my series 4 is in pristine condition. Nothing different compared to 5 really. Wait for series 6.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-11-2019 06:26 AM
    If I had the $ I’d get the ceramic S5 Watch. I really like the white but no way I can buy that.
    09-11-2019 11:28 AM
    I think that the new watch is awesome, but I'm going to hang on to my Series 3 for at least one more year! It's still awesome!
    09-11-2019 11:41 AM
    I think that the new watch is awesome, but I'm going to hang on to my Series 3 for at least one more year! It's still awesome!
    Agreed. I’m still not sure if I’ll upgrade or not. My Watch series 3 still performs very well.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-11-2019 12:22 PM
    What happened to the rumored health improvements? FOr example, the hearing monitor? IS that not mentioned because it will be in software, and not restricted to the Series 5 watch?
    09-11-2019 02:18 PM
    I like it, especially the Titanium... until I see the price, not sure if going with it... like the always on. Since the iPhone Pro was such a dud (IMHO) announcement for me, the Watch is the only thing I am excited about.

What about you?

1st order? Upgrade? If upgrading, upgrading from what?
    Yessss for me. The Titanium one.
    It looks stunning
    09-11-2019 02:29 PM
    Yessss for me. The Titanium one.
    It looks stunning
    It's been in my shopping cart since Yesterday, but with tax, apple care, and the watch, $1K is a big spend considering my my S4 Space Gray is flawless, not a tiny scratch. If the new S5 was flatter or had a different or more cool design I could click "buy" w/o issue. I don't care about always on (would turn that off anyway) and the compass is not a big deal, and being a 55 y/o male, I am not tracking my "flow" anytime soon. I just can't justify it.

Going to wait to see what the October event reveals. I have an iPad Pro 2018 now... let's see what the new iPad Pros (if any) bring.... (I love the new iPadOS) and I am considering jumping from a Windows 10 Laptop to a MacBook Pro, but again let's see what the new MacBook Pro will look like in a couple months.

The watch... I can't commit to clicking "buy" for really a "metal change"
    Johndosh likes this.
    09-11-2019 02:35 PM
    It's been in my shopping cart since Yesterday, but with tax, apple care, and the watch, $1K is a big spend considering my my S4 Space Gray is flawless, not a tiny scratch. If the new S5 was flatter or had a different or more cool design I could click "buy" w/o issue. I don't care about always on (would turn that off anyway) and the compass is not a big deal, and being a 55 y/o male, I am not tracking my "flow" anytime soon. I just can't justify it.

Going to wait to see what the October event reveals. I have an iPad Pro 2018 now... let's see what the new iPad Pros (if any) bring.... (I love the new iPadOS) and I am considering jumping from a Windows 10 Laptop to a MacBook Pro, but again let's see what the new MacBook Pro will look like in a couple months.

The watch... I can't commit to clicking "buy" for really a "metal change"
    Oh... was that the cellular version? Is there a Titanium version for just the non-cellular one?
    09-11-2019 02:38 PM
    Oh... was that the cellular version? Is there a Titanium version for just the non-cellular one?
    No, Only GPS + Cellular for the higher end "Edition" Watches, so $900 + 10.1% Tax + Apple Care = $1200 for a watch that I already have... except for a few minor changes.
    09-11-2019 02:41 PM
    No, Only GPS + Cellular for the higher end "Edition" Watches, so $900 + 10.1% Tax + Apple Care = $1200 for a watch that I already have... except for a few minor changes.
    Uh-Ohh! So no Titanium for me then...
    I won’t be using any cellular device which is always near to my body (like the watch) - too much radiation exposure.

Kinda expensive also.

Any ideas about the Ceramic version for GPS models?
    09-11-2019 02:47 PM
    Uh-Ohh! So no Titanium for me then...
    I won’t be using any cellular device which is always near to my body (like the watch) - too much radiation exposure.

Kinda expensive also.

Any ideas about the Ceramic version for GPS models?
    Ceramic is Cellular/GPS only also. And it’s only 44mm in size as well and starts at $1200 before tax and Apple Care.
    09-11-2019 03:16 PM
    Ceramic is Cellular/GPS only also. And it’s only 44mm in size as well and starts at $1200 before tax and Apple Care.
    Oh okay! Thank you for the information...
    rebretz000 likes this.
    09-11-2019 03:22 PM
    I’m thinking about upgrading from my series 4 and getting cellular this time. Only did gps with the 4. Have since seen where cellular would have come in handy. Any mention if made for iPhone hearing aids will link directly with the watch? That would be great.
    09-11-2019 05:39 PM
    If I opt not to get one of the new iPhones (I’m leaning toward NOT getting one), I will seriously consider an Watch Series 5.
    09-11-2019 06:35 PM
    My first S4 was a 40” SG aluminum & I just couldn’t love it fully. I traded it for the 44mm gold stainless & haven’t looked back. I absolutely love the stainless!!! I’m not sure what I’ll go for next go round, but it’ll definitely be stainless or ceramic.
    I’m going stainless this time around. It’s a toss up between Space Black and Gold. I’m afraid that I may like stainless too much and there won’t be any turning back!
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-11-2019 06:53 PM
    09-11-2019 08:36 PM
    I have a Series 4 w/ cellular. While the 5 is cool, no reason for me to upgrade.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-11-2019 11:12 PM
    I have zero desire to upgrade my first Watch the series 4 in 44mm from last year. If I had the money for a stainless, maybe. There's really very little to tempt from a series 4 IMO. The always on sure it's nice but I've never had an issue with not seeing my screen lit up like 95%+ of the time when I need to look at it. I'm guessing I'll probably be waiting for a 7th gen easy on the Watch unless gen 6 has something really good next year.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2019 03:28 AM
    I was interested in the titanium, but the price makes it way out of reach right now so no, no upgrade for me. I don't care about the always on display either. My 4 is really very good. Maybe in the next couple years.
    09-12-2019 05:06 AM
    I've had two watches, my wife's had two, and we have 4 users in the family to firmly cement the knowledge these things are great but more appliances than heirloom items so no way for our spending on premium cases.

With a series 4, replacing a failed watch or hand me down to kid would be the only ways I can imagine buying one soon. That said, the 5 looks tremendous for someone starting out or not yet with the 4 or now 5 screen that packs more into the view.

All the new product releases look great but reality for me is I have a Series 4, XS Max, and an aging laptop due for replacement. Not rushing to make a purchase in my case is nothing against the new product releases. For any watch lurkers or watch curious I say get a 4 or 5 ASAP.
    09-12-2019 08:42 AM
66 123