I’m hoping someone can help me here. I am giving my AW S4 to a friend and when he is walking through the initial pairing and setup process, the watch gets stuck on the Apple Basics screen and the progress dial never moves. It just sits there. We’ve tried restarting the phone and the watch and still the same issue. During one setup attempt, the AW asked for his Apple ID pw, but I didn’t know it and he wasn’t around to type it in. Now I can’t get it to prompt me again.

Really frustrating. Any ideas?
    10-07-2019 08:32 PM
    “... put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Firmly press the Power Off slider, then lift your finger. Tap Erase all content and settings.
    After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again...”

Source: https://support.apple.com/guide/watc...3571d9/watchos
    10-07-2019 08:39 PM
    “... put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Firmly press the Power Off slider, then lift your finger. Tap Erase all content and settings.
    After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again...”

Source: https://support.apple.com/guide/watc...3571d9/watchos
    I’ve tried that.
    10-08-2019 04:48 AM
    Update for those who may have the same issue down the road ....

I was unable to get the watch to go past the Apple Basics screen. The circle ticker never ticked to full. It just stayed stuck at the very beginning no matter what I did ....

Anyway, I noticed that my friend’s phone got a notification that a new AW was added to his account and it showed up in the watch app on his iPhone. So I forced restarted the phone and now it’s working. Not sure why it would never go past the basics screen after trying it probably a dozen times. I was able to successfully pair it with my iPhone just fine this morning but after resetting it, it still wouldn’t go through the entire setup process with his phone. Infuriating but the force reset seemed to do the trick and now the AW is functioning fine with his phone.
    doogald and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-08-2019 04:48 PM
    Update for those who may have the same issue down the road ....

I was unable to get the watch to go past the Apple Basics screen. The circle ticker never ticked to full. It just stayed stuck at the very beginning no matter what I did ....

Anyway, I noticed that my friend’s phone got a notification that a new AW was added to his account and it showed up in the watch app on his iPhone. So I forced restarted the phone and now it’s working. Not sure why it would never go past the basics screen after trying it probably a dozen times. I was able to successfully pair it with my iPhone just fine this morning but after resetting it, it still wouldn’t go through the entire setup process with his phone. Infuriating but the force reset seemed to do the trick and now the AW is functioning fine with his phone.
    Thanks for the update, Cat...
    eyecrispy and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-08-2019 05:35 PM