Screen Cracks

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else’s Apple Watch 4 screen cracked? I noticed today while cleaning my watch that there is 5 or 6 vertical deep scratches/cracks on my watch screen. Right at the top where it curves to meet the case. I’ve never dropped it and it’s on all the time. The pictures don’t look the same as in person. Had to take a picture that close.
5af16112ac7f3d3fd5ccc57a120f63c0.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Those marks don't look too bad to me. Most likely they happened when your wrist brushed or knocked in to something. While you may not have dropped it, certainly your wrist has bumped in to things as you go about your day. :)

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Those marks don't look too bad to me. Most likely they happened when your wrist brushed or knocked in to something. While you may not have dropped it, certainly your wrist has bumped in to things as you go about your day. :)

I know I have bumped into the door frame/wall a few times but I honestly don't remember hitting it off of anything hard unless I had it in the outside case when doing yard work. The Apple rep I talked to was interested in the marks. I told her that when outside doing yard work I did use a heavy duty case I purchased on Amazon.
I changed bands/cases based on my daily activities.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yea Apple is real good about support, especially when you got Apple Care, BUT even if not they often can help anyways.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my S4. Almost like a gouge. Guess it happens when you wear it all day everyday. Bound to bump it against something. My series 2 SS never had this issue. Wish sapphire glass was the standard. Come on Apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2