Curious.

Does the Apple Watch add caller ID to messages? On the phone I can see who sent me the text but on the watch all I'm seeing is the phone number. I'm also seeing some phone numbers for incoming calls not tagged with caller ID.

Is it a bug? A setting I'm overlooking? Or just a feature Apple hasn't come up with?
    05-17-2019 03:52 PM
    ‘My’ Watch displays the names as they appear in my contact list when I send and receive phone calls, email and text messages and if I receive something from someone who is not in my contact list, it displays the phone number.
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    05-17-2019 03:55 PM
    My contact names also show up on my Watch. Have you tried restarting your Watch to see if it corrects itself?
    Annie_8plus and iwoodland like this.
    05-17-2019 09:45 PM
    From the Watch app on your iPhone, go to General, scroll to the bottom to Reset, then select Reset Sync Data. You won't see anything happen after that but your contacts info will sync behind the scenes.

However, if you're on any of the phone or watch betas, this is normal. One of the reasons I got off the betas.
    05-18-2019 08:51 AM
    Thanks.
    Not on a beta build but will give the Reset Sync Data a shot.
    05-18-2019 12:07 PM
    Thanks.
    Not on a beta build but will give the Reset Sync Data a shot.
    Let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    05-18-2019 01:42 PM
    Still not seeing names on messages.
    Went to settings, tapped the Reset Sync Data but it does not appear anything happened.
    I also did a soft reset on the watch.

Is there any form of confirmation that things re-synced? Or does the reset button just flash and everything is done in the background?
    05-18-2019 11:22 PM
    Still not seeing names on messages.
    Went to settings, tapped the Reset Sync Data but it does not appear anything happened.
    I also did a soft reset on the watch.

Is there any form of confirmation that things re-synced? Or does the reset button just flash and everything is done in the background?
    Nope. Once you press Reset Sync Data, nothing happens.

Have you power cycled both phone and watch?
    05-19-2019 08:25 AM
    Curious.

Does the Apple Watch add caller ID to messages? On the phone I can see who sent me the text but on the watch all I'm seeing is the phone number. I'm also seeing some phone numbers for incoming calls not tagged with caller ID.

Is it a bug? A setting I'm overlooking? Or just a feature Apple hasn't come up with?
    Caller ID is really a phone company dependent feature. You may have to subscribe to that feature. iOS devices ordinarily pull from your Contacts the caller info that is displayed. The Apple Watch ordinarily will mirror your iPhone’s notifications with phone calls, unless you set it up differently.

This is from AT&T’s website: When receiving an incoming call on your wireless phone:
    Calling Number Identification sends the caller's telephone number to your wireless phone.
    If the caller's number is in your phone's address book, then Caller ID displays the contact name.
    If there's no address book entry, then Caller ID displays the caller's number.
    05-19-2019 09:42 AM
    Power cycled both the phone and the watch.
    Then hit the reset sync in the app's settings.
    Seems to have done the trick. Message received this morning had the ID and previous messages and calls had the ID.

Thanks for the help!
    05-19-2019 10:33 AM
    Oh good! Im glad you got it straightened out!
    05-19-2019 12:10 PM
    Power cycled both the phone and the watch.
    Then hit the reset sync in the app's settings.
    Seems to have done the trick. Message received this morning had the ID and previous messages and calls had the ID.

Thanks for the help!
    Excellent.
    05-21-2019 05:59 AM