Screen glass issue

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Don’t know what this is, but I saw this and know this isn’t normal it isn’t bothering me to a extent to send it in (apple store is 2 to 3 hrs away) but what can it be? I tried cleaning it and when I do i can tell it’s there but won’t come off I used glass cleaner and even alcohol, I even put a spigen liquid glass thing to see if it would come off, it is not under the screen because when I use water to clean it I can see the circle of it. Anyone knows or heard of this issue?

Its the Sapphire glass one too.

6b0788b6b6be972451e1ae02f1af8963.jpg

2a7ca0fb826d6ee5cca0d1cac1aebd6b.jpg

a01ab83de5aa0343b194f301d7e91e91.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I realize that the Apple Store is not nearby, but I’d seriously consider taking it to the Genius Bar on the weekend.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The glass is supposed to have an oleophobic coating (i.e., a coating to help prevent finger oils from sticking to the glass) and I wonder if the coating has come off on that spot? It could have been caused by a chemical, by mechanical friction (it rubbed against something), etc.

See https://support.apple.com/guide/wat...-information-apple-watch-apd707b42a5e/watchos

[FONT=&quot]The front of Apple Watch is made of Ion-X glass (strengthened glass) or sapphire crystal, each with a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic (oil repellent) coating. This coating wears over time with normal usage. Cleaning products and abrasive materials will further diminish the coating, and may scratch the glass or the sapphire crystal.
[/FONT]

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I realize that the Apple Store is not nearby, but I’d seriously consider taking it to the Genius Bar on the weekend.

Well apple sent me to best buy due to them being a apple authorized provider, they sent it to Apple but they did not replace or repaired supposedly they flash the operating system and reset it, I told them it’s a glass issue not display issue.

I will go tomorrow to get it and check if it still has it. The apple rep said it wasn’t sent. Even with serial # apple rep saw there wasn’t a repair thing setup and supposed that they didn’t send it. Tomorrow will find out.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well apple sent me to best buy due to them being a apple authorized provider, they sent it to Apple but they did not replace or repaired supposedly they flash the operating system and reset it, I told them it’s a glass issue not display issue.

I will go tomorrow to get it and check if it still has it. The apple rep said it wasn’t sent. Even with serial # apple rep saw there wasn’t a repair thing setup and supposed that they didn’t send it. Tomorrow will find out.

Oh my gosh... what a mess! That makes me feel bad towards Best Buy. Please keep us posted on what happens. I've got my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!!!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh... what a mess! That makes me feel bad towards Best Buy. Please keep us posted on what happens. I've got my fingers crossed that it all works out for you!!!

Well got it back, they did send it. But apple said it is a cosmetic issue, that is why they couldn’t replace it or repair it. it is hard to see it has to be under light or sun.

Seems hopeless to try again.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Spoke to apple again, and they said like it’s a cosmetic issue they have to use the one of accidental repairs and charge the service fee. He said also because it’s been few months but I told him yea because you cannot tell right away. I barely found out last month I’m not always pointing a light towards it. Once I saw it I knew it is a problem. I don’t want to pay something that I did not cause

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to apple again, and they said like it’s a cosmetic issue they have to use the one of accidental repairs and charge the service fee. He said also because it’s been few months but I told him yea because you cannot tell right away. I barely found out last month I’m not always pointing a light towards it. Once I saw it I knew it is a problem. I don’t want to pay something that I did not cause

I don’t blame you a bit.