Unexpected bonus with the new Apple Watch

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Still learning my way around the new Apple Watch and stumbled upon an unexpected bonus. I can import data collected by Garmin Connect to the Apple Health app.

I've sported a Garmin device for over four years and it was nice to see all that data migrate to the Health app. It also allows me to wear a Garmin device while doing yard work (where it's prone to being scratched) and continue to track any related activity.

I do think Apple needs to beef up the activity app to have it perform like the Garmin Connect app or the Fitbit app. It would be nice to have the features of the Workout, Health and Activity apps rolled into a single app.

Nonetheless, I am very impressed with the watch and sure more surprises are in store as I learn my way around this new device.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it. There are a number of other health/fitness services that work with Apple Health/Apple Watch. I have a Fitbit Aria scale and I can sync that information with the health app, which is nice.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
There are 3rd party apps as has been said, and you can save an open goal exercise as something else. My favorite third party app is Abvio where they're all the same but labeled as Cycle, Walk or run.

It does seem like you have to turn off the watch cellular if you have an watch and phone app combo that offloads work to the phone. Cyclmeter (Abvio) was giving me 0 calorie workouts when I enabled my LTE and not if the watch LTE is off.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711