Apple Watch Workouts, Activities and other questions

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First, can you delete a workout from the watch? I don't swim or bicycle and really do not have a need them.

Second, if you cannot delete a workout, can you reorder them? My primary workout is on the treadmill and would like to move it to first on the list.

Lastly, is there a way to set step goals in the Activity App? I'm coming from the Garmin ecosystem and could set daily goals for steps, stairs, active minutes, etc. Anything similar with the Apple Watch?

Just powered up the watch (went with the Nike version) about two hours ago and I'm impressed how extensive the features are. I do wish there was a kayaking workout and more custom watch faces. I like the large digital face that comes with the Nike version but would like to get rid of the Nike+ compilation.

So far, no regrets making the move. I think the toughest part of setting the new watch up is finding a band that is comfortable. The sport band isn't terrible but my wrist size is somewhat between the large and small band. Luckily there are a ton of options out there and plenty of time to discover the one that fits just right.

Thanks in advance for the help.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
First, can you delete a workout from the watch? I don't swim or bicycle and really do not have a need them.

No, but see my next answer.

Second, if you cannot delete a workout, can you reorder them? My primary workout is on the treadmill and would like to move it to first on the list.

As you do particular workouts, they move themselves up in the list. The more that you do Indoor Running or Indoor Walking, the more it will move toward the top of the list, until it is there.

Third party apps (namely, the free Workouts++) do allow you to configure which workouts are on the list and where the show up.

Lastly, is there a way to set step goals in the Activity App? I'm coming from the Garmin ecosystem and could set daily goals for steps, stairs, active minutes, etc. Anything similar with the Apple Watch?

Not with the stock Activity app. Perhaps with a third party app, though.

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information.
One more question... is there a setting to keep the screen on during workouts? Dug through the settings and cannot seem to find the option.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Walking workouts not counting against my April goal. They are over 15 minutes long and in my history. Walks don't count? Update: Restarted my 7 and there they were. 3 down 14 to go.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just tap on the outdoor walking workout. For some reason it didn't transfer to the phone until I rebooted the phone. All good now. Series 4 is a heck of a watch!