A few months back, when I last used my Apple Watch 4, I could have sworn when the watch was on the charger, it showed the time.

Am I mistaken? Has an update/feature removed this?
    anachrotech likes this.
    03-13-2019 04:34 PM
    I think you may be referring to nightstand mode that displays the clock while charging (general->nightstand mode).
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-13-2019 04:44 PM
    As Ksassy said that is the night stand mode feature. It does time out after a min or two. You can press the crown for it to wake or knock on the nightstand you have your watch sitting at to wake.
    03-13-2019 04:49 PM
    Hmm, I think you both are talking about 'Bedside Mode'. To confirm, I checked, and I have that feature set to on.
    But, honestly, I felt that previously my watch's display was on, constantly while on the charger.

Maybe I am just thinking wrong. After all, it has been a while since I've had it on the charger...
    anachrotech likes this.
    03-13-2019 05:20 PM
    Hmm, I think you both are talking about 'Bedside Mode'. To confirm, I checked, and I have that feature set to on.
    But, honestly, I felt that previously my watch's display was on, constantly while on the charger.

Maybe I am just thinking wrong. After all, it has been a while since I've had it on the charger...
    This may help you:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205045
    03-13-2019 07:25 PM
    As Ksassy said that is the night stand mode feature. It does time out after a min or two. You can press the crown for it to wake or knock on the nightstand you have your watch sitting at to wake.
    This is correct.
    03-13-2019 09:50 PM
    Yes, you are remembering correctly. I also wondered what happened to it. The time use to display when on the charger. If I went to check to see how much charge it had, while on the charger, the time was displayed. That seem to have disappeared a couple updates ago.
    I actually like it, so as others mentioned I turned nightstand mode on and lo and behold, there it is. The update must have set that feature to off. Thanks all !!
    Last edited by anachrotech; 03-14-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    03-14-2019 06:24 AM
    Thanks all. Seems one has to 'tap' the screen, or jog the table it is on to wake the watch.
    That will do. Then again, I guess, I might as well tap my phone screen, since the phone on wireless charge is close to me from the bed
    03-14-2019 07:59 AM
    Thanks all. Seems one has to 'tap' the screen, or jog the table it is on to wake the watch.
    That will do. Then again, I guess, I might as well tap my phone screen, since the phone on wireless charge is close to me from the bed
    Yep, that's the way I have mine set up. I have to tap the nightstand for the clock to come on.
    03-14-2019 08:06 AM
    I do agree that it’s pointless to have to engage with the watch to see the time. For that, I’ll check my phone. In a perfect work, I would open my eyes, see the time, and that’s it.
    03-25-2019 06:21 AM