how to clear text message notification

DRubin007

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
iWatch Series 4.
My iPhone does not show any unread messages however my watch shows (4) unread text messages.
I have scrolled every message and there is nothing unread that I can find...
tried powering off the watch but this notification will not go away.
how do I clear this notification?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all, hello, and welcome to iMore! It's good to have you here! How long has it been since you've restarted your watch? Sometimes restarting on your watch takes care of things, and clears out the cobwebs. The link below will take you to instructions on Apple's website on how to restart your Watch.

Here's how to restart your Apple Watch.

Finally, here is a link to an article here on iMore about how to set up and use notifications on Apple Watch. Hopefully, there will be information you find useful there.

DRubin007

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the well wishes. I turn if off over the weekends, I wear it during the week so that was not it.
Actually, I found the answer but it may not be the most practical .
Buy a new Phone. :)
I bought a new phone last night (Xr, had to upgrade from the 6s +). With that, I had to pair the watch to the new phone. That cleared the 4 ghost messages that were bugging me...
It probably sounds trivial, but I get a little ocd about notifications...
thanks though!

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, that’s one way to do it. Congrats on your new phone. I am left handed so wear my watch “upside down” so not sure it would be the same for you but I slide down from the top of the watch to see the notification and then slide left to hit the X. Or once open slide all the way down to hit “dismiss.” If you’re a righty it’s possible you need to slide up and then to the right but I wouldn’t know for sure.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I’ve found that sometimes I have to go into the most recent messages to get the notification to go away. Even though it says it’s already read. I’m guessing a bug that needs to be fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox