Oh Yes, It Works - Fall Detection

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Was involved in 35-39 mph collision and can confirm the watch works.
After losing 4-5 seconds of the timeline between seeing a truck front end and sparkly dust and smoke, with air bags all over, my watch said I had fallen. Not quite accurate, but told it to call 911, forgetting that my car would also call 911- as well as everyone at that intersection. My CD player was still playing and I shut it off, then thought to shut the car off - don't even know if it was running anyway. The car's retention system beat the crap out of me. Everything was very surreal. I couldn't figure out how to call work, even though I've been there almost 30 years.
I mourn for my vehicle as it was probably the best one I have ever had. Dumb, I know.
I also have the HeartWatch app and it gave a good indication of the time of the accident.

HeartRateAccident.jpg

Last edited:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Sorry you had to go through a real life experience to confirm that your watch fall detection does indeed work but very glad to hear you're okay.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh my... that must have been terrifying. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but am glad to know you're ok. Losing a good car this way this stinks, but as you well know, in the scheme of things, the most important thing is that you're all right.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Geez. That had to suck. Glad you are okay. Rough way to find out the watch works, but now we all know that it not only works in a fall, but any sort of significant trauma like that. For someone who doesn't have a car that would dispatch an emergency call, having the watch itself do it could be a real life saver if the person is unconscious.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Geeze, being a crash test dummy, taking one for the team. I'll take your word for it, no need for me to confirm your findings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner