Can I vent??

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Since I was getting a new series 4 Apple Watch I decided to sell my series 3. I put it on eBay and it sold. Well Kinda! It’s been 2 1/2 days since the auction ended and I still haven’t gotten paid. And I can’t re-list it until I go through all the steps that eBay says I have to do to get payment from the buyer.

In fact, if this buyer reneges on the sale, I am not going to relist it. I’ll just see if my sister wants it – LOL.

I just don’t understand why somebody would bid on something and then not follow through. I have purchased things on eBay a time or 2 and when I win I pay immediately.

OK, my rant is over

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been through this before. My advice is to get report it as an unpaid item sense it has been more than 2 days. Otherwise you bee stuck with an unpaid item and the 10% selling fee. Second bit of advice any electronics you want to sell in the future I'd recommend using swappa over eBay.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Now he has sent me a message asking for a picture of everything that will be sent to him. Shouldn’t he have asked for that BEFORE he placed his bid?? Good grief

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Now he has sent me a message asking for a picture of everything that will be sent to him. Shouldn’t he have asked for that BEFORE he placed his bid?? Good grief

I’d tell him that he has already bought the item and owes the money. He’s more than welcome to report any concerns to eBay.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully the worst experience I had on eBay still worked out. I sold my 6+ in December the purchaser was in a big hurry to get the item (and paid promptly) but then didn’t leave any feedback. Actually still hasn’t left feedback. Since I hadn’t sold anything for a while I had the 21 day hold. They were great at communicating before hand then once they got it I tried to reach out to make sure everything was satisfactory, but I only got crickets.

Guess I’m the only one that leaves feedback when I purchase something. *

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been through this before. My advice is to get report it as an unpaid item sense it has been more than 2 days. Otherwise you bee stuck with an unpaid item and the 10% selling fee. Second bit of advice any electronics you want to sell in the future I'd recommend using swappa over eBay.

ANYTHING over eBay.

Byrese

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Don't mess with this joker. If he still hasn't paid yet, I'd do what someone above said, cancel the sale and report it. I would suggest reselling on swappa or this forum.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I sell many things on eBay but the most frustrated item was sold during a bidding war. Sold for 210.00 on a 50 dollar starting bid and the winner bid at the last moment.

I was so happy till I had to wait three days to get paid but it finally happened. Just be patient even thou I sure wasn’t

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
That's a bummer! eBay is great for buying but not so much for selling. Hope your Series 3 eventually finds a happy home.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
The saga continues…

Now this morning I got an email asking if the user guide and box comes with it!

The bad thing is I can’t just say screw it and not sell it. I have to wait until eBay says it’s OK. In other words they give the buyer all kinds of time to complete the sale. Never again

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The saga continues…

The bad thing is I can’t just say screw it and not sell it. I have to wait until eBay says it’s OK. In other words they give the buyer all kinds of time to complete the sale. Never again

If it were me I’d avoid any further communication with the buyer and wait for payment or for eBay to cancel the sale.
You’re probably nicer than I am though.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The saga continues…

Sounds about right lol. Anything I sale on eBay I always put in big caps "payment due withing 48 hrs of purchase". There's always someone who trynna catch a deal on there but jump to buy it. Usually those people that do it just do so to guarantee themselves that they've secured the item and now they can ask question and determine if they really want it.

Sorry that your having to deal with a sale like this it happens sometimes. Best of luck!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've always had good experience's with the Market Place here and with Swappa. Ebay, not so much. ;)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The saga continues…

That's absolutely ROTTEN!!!! Your buyer should have done all of this ahead of time. When I buy on Ebay, I always check seller reviews BEFORE I buy... and of course ask any questions before buying. Once I've purchased an item, I immediately connect to Paypal to pay.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The saga continues…

Sorry you’re still dealing with this mess!!

If it were me I’d avoid any further communication with the buyer and wait for payment or for eBay to cancel the sale.
You’re probably nicer than I am though.

I totally agree, Rob! I’m extremely petty or mean (whatever people wanna call it) when it comes to things like this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro