Apple Watch EKG feature to be released today (Dec 6th)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Slightly disappointed. Haven't installed but read an article that the rhythm monitoring doesn't work if you tell it you've already been diagnosed. Now, in my case I know when I'm in AFib for example cause I get rapid heart rate with it. Many people don't, so if you've already been diagnosed but you don't feel you're in it when you're in it, it would be really nice for the watch to be able to say something about it. As long as I can still use the EKG feature though I can live with it. If that won't work either, well, let's just say there might be an AW4 listing on ebay or something very soon lol. (ok not really, but the new heart stuff was one of the big reasons I switched from FitBit)

decarlo78

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I updated my watch and my iOS is updated but I can’t get the ecg app to show in my Health app. I opened the ecg app on the watch and it prompted me to open the Health app, which I did, and nothing happens. I’ve tried several times. I even powered my watch and phone off and back on and still nothing. What am I missing? I’m in the US.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I updated my watch and my iOS is updated but I can’t get the ecg app to show in my Health app. I opened the ecg app on the watch and it prompted me to open the Health app, which I did, and nothing happens. I’ve tried several times. I even powered my watch and phone off and back on and still nothing. What am I missing? I’m in the US.

Have you updated your phone to the latest iOS that came out two days ago? Just a guess.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
been testing it out.. Kind of cool ������

My wife who is a nurse on a cardiac telemetry unit at the hospital was fairly impressed by it considering it doesn't use multiple leads and is a watch/watch app. We were both playing with them yesterday and she showed me the cliff notes version on how to read the different waves and what to look for in it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Slightly disappointed. Haven't installed but read an article that the rhythm monitoring doesn't work if you tell it you've already been diagnosed. Now, in my case I know when I'm in AFib for example cause I get rapid heart rate with it. Many people don't, so if you've already been diagnosed but you don't feel you're in it when you're in it, it would be really nice for the watch to be able to say something about it. As long as I can still use the EKG feature though I can live with it. If that won't work either, well, let's just say there might be an AW4 listing on ebay or something very soon lol. (ok not really, but the new heart stuff was one of the big reasons I switched from FitBit)

You can just answer the question that you haven't been diagnosed previously with a-fib I would think. It's not like the Health app will know this.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

If you’re on the Beta, delete the profile then update your phone and it will be there.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
You can just answer the question that you haven't been diagnosed previously with a-fib I would think. It's not like the Health app will know this.

I thought about it, but after reading how it only looks every two hours and has to detect it multiple times in a row before it flags it I decided not to bother. I generally can tell when I might be in a weird rhythm and so it would be faster to just go check the EKG app or something. Once I read all the info on the other part it's definitely obvious it's not much use unless you're one of the small percentage who has been diagnosed but can't tell when they're having a problem until they go to a doc. The people that feel fine but like my PCP told me once he had a guy come in for a required clearance before a marathon and apparently the guy was in AFib and didn't know it (felt fine) and got sent straight to ER.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711