Here is my dilemma.

amwhoiare

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
So I actually have two iPhones. My person iPhone (XS Max) and my work provided iPhone (7). So when I am at work I rarely carry my person phone with me. It usually stays in my work truck and I glance at it here and there throughout the day. Of course when I am not working my work phone is off. So here is what I want to do. Can I make it so my watch is paired with my work phone when I am working and then when I turn my work phone of pair it with my personal phone again? Thanks!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The short easy answer is probably not.

The long complicated answer is yes, but you're going to have to go through unpairing from phone A and pair with phone B and vice versa every time.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
However, unoairing and pairing is not such a complex or lengthy process anymore. Five minutes should easily accomplish both.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Another solution? Since the XS Max supports two SIMs, use the eSIM for your personal line (as soon as your carrier supports it), put the work SIM in the phone as a secondary line, and just pair to your "personal" phone.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
But work would have to agree to pay the extra line fee for the watch.

I would find the process of moving the watch a pain and it has to be tied to your phone with security if you use Apple Pay and some apps.

I get that work might not pay for it but your paying for cellular bill for an LTE watch would get the watch features with you all the time and let you use the most appropriate phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would find the process of moving the watch a pain and it has to be tied to your phone with security if you use Apple Pay and some apps.

I get that work might not pay for it but your paying for cellular bill for an LTE watch would get the watch features with you all the time and let you use the most appropriate phone.

Which is why I recommended above setting up the personal XS Max to use the eSIM for the personal line and move the work SIM to the physical SIM as a secondary line. Watch stay paired to the one device, you still gets calls and texts for the work line. That I think is easily the best solution, since it is an XS Max.

For most work situations, it generally takes a long time to change policies to allow a secondary device like a wearable device on a paid line.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
So I actually have two iPhones. My person iPhone (XS Max) and my work provided iPhone (7). So when I am at work I rarely carry my person phone with me. It usually stays in my work truck and I glance at it here and there throughout the day. Of course when I am not working my work phone is off. So here is what I want to do. Can I make it so my watch is paired with my work phone when I am working and then when I turn my work phone of pair it with my personal phone again? Thanks!

My suggestion is not leave your phone in your truck. Weather is not good for electronic devices or sunglasses for that matter.
Can ruin them and also risk for theft.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro