Series 4 Alert tones quieter than Series 3

Rodzp

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? My Series 3 watch I had to turn the volume down some but on my Series 4 I have the volume all the way up and it is still hard to hear at times. The haptic feedback is not as strong either so I am missing notifications if i am in a some what nosier area. This is my only complaint otherwise I really like everything else about it.

The speaker seems to be working fine and it does seem to be loader than the Series 3 with Siri's responses

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? My Series 3 watch I had to turn the volume down some but on my Series 4 I have the volume all the way up and it is still hard to hear at times. The haptic feedback is not as strong either so I am missing notifications if i am in a some what nosier area. This is my only complaint otherwise I really like everything else about it.

The speaker seems to be working fine and it does seem to be loader than the Series 3 with Siri's responses

Exact opposite for me. I had to turn the volume way down and in alot of cases I mute it because the haptic is much stronger.

I switched from GPS to LTE and the dont like the LTE ringtone but thats my only complaint.

Rodzp

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, what you are saying is what I expected to experience. Both of mine are the LTE version but I doubt that makes a difference with this issue.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, what you are saying is what I expected to experience. Both of mine are the LTE version but I doubt that makes a difference with this issue.

You might want to take it to an apple store and compare it with one of the sales persons gen 3 and see if maybe somethings going on with yours. When Im in my warehouse Inhewr it loud as can be over the machines. The Gen 3 I couldnt hear at all.

Rodzp

May 14, 2017
Visit site
You might want to take it to an apple store and compare it with one of the sales persons gen 3 and see if maybe somethings going on with yours. When Im in my warehouse Inhewr it loud as can be over the machines. The Gen 3 I couldnt hear at all.

Thanks I still have the series 3 my wife took it when I got the 4.
Since what I was experiencing did not seem to be normal I started messing with it some and I might have fixed it. When I paired it the volume in the watch app was all the way up, so I never touched it. I turned it down and back up and it seems to be a lot loader and I have not missed a notification. I am still not sure it is loader than my 3 for alerts, but it is usable. I need to test more when I have time but if it’s not I will run to the Apple store to compare to another 4.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Opposite for me as well. I tested last night with both watches next to one another and the s4 was noticeably louder.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The reviews of the S4 that I read all mentioned that both the notification volume was higher and that haptics were much better. That the stainless S4 was as good as the S3 and earlier aluminum haptics. I don’t have an S4 so I can’t compare, but it would be unusual to hear that somebody had one that was quieter with lesser haptics than before, from all that I read about the S4.