Apple Watch not syncing

amwhoiare

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
So I set up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch which required me to add a passcode to my watch. Since then my watch does not sync with my phone nor does it give me notifications anymore. I checked message settings etc and none have changed. Restarted my watch and phone and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So I set up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch which required me to add a passcode to my watch. Since then my watch does not sync with my phone nor does it give me notifications anymore. I checked message settings etc and none have changed. Restarted my watch and phone and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Every time you put the watch back on your wrist, you will have to put in the security code. Otherwise the watch won't function.

You should see the blue lock icon on the watch face:
fullsizeoutput_787.jpeg

Touch the face and put in your security code:
fullsizeoutput_786.jpeg

You should be good to go.

You will have to use the code on the watch whenever you place it back on your wrist or reboot the watch.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Every time you put the watch back on your wrist, you will have to put in the security code. Otherwise the watch won't function....

You will have to use the code on the watch whenever you place it back on your wrist or reboot the watch.

Well, if you use what I think is the default setting (Watch app, General / Passcode - "Unlock with iPhone") you can also unlock the watch by unlocking the paired iPhone. Just looking at a FaceID phone or placing a finger on a TouchID iPhone with the phone on the lock screen until the lock icon unlocks should be enough - the watch will also unlock with that setting on.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, if you use what I think is the default setting (Watch app, General / Passcode - "Unlock with iPhone") you can also unlock the watch by unlocking the paired iPhone. Just looking at a FaceID phone or placing a finger on a TouchID iPhone with the phone on the lock screen until the lock icon unlocks should be enough - the watch will also unlock with that setting on.

True, but I'm also using LTE with mine and half the time I put on the watch and the phone stays on the nightstand. I imagine that may be the case with a lot of folks, even wifi only, when staying around the house.

amwhoiare

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Every time you put the watch back on your wrist, you will have to put in the security code. Otherwise the watch won't function.

You should see the blue lock icon on the watch face:
View attachment 124908

Touch the face and put in your security code:
View attachment 124909

You should be good to go.

So any time I take it of my wrist or just when I place it on the charger? Thanks for the reply it makes sense now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner