Nike version doing what it’s supposed to?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I’ve had my S4 Nike edition now for a couple of weeks. I got it because: A) I thought maybe it would motivate me a little more, and B) its what was in stock at the Apple Store near me without cellular.

I’ve never been a runner. Over the past couple of years, in trying to lose weight, have discovered a love of cycling. To the point I have spent what most people would consider ludicrous to spend on bikes. And, I’m looking to double that amount with my next bike purchase. But, because of the Nike Run Club app, I have been “running”. 5 times over the last week, totaling around 6 miles. Not looking to do a marathon, just something to do when time doesn’t allow me to get the bike out. Maybe, also to help with cycling.

Also, I discovered the Nike Fitness Club app. I have done a couple of the beginner core workouts. Being a truck driver, having a set of exercises I can do without equipment while laying in my bed in the truck is nice.

My big question would be is there anyone else out there with the Nike edition who finds themselves doing this kind of thing, when they have never done it before?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a series 3 Nike+ but am not that invested in workouts.
I deliver packages for the largest delivery company in the Netherlands and therefore have more than 12k steps as is.

I just got the Nike+ because of the band it came with

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don’t have the Nike edition watch but I use the Nike Training Club app & find it very useful for when I don’t want to leave my apartment.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’ve had my S4 Nike edition now for a couple of weeks. I got it because: A) I thought maybe it would motivate me a little more, and B) its what was in stock at the Apple Store near me without cellular.

I’ve never been a runner. Over the past couple of years, in trying to lose weight, have discovered a love of cycling. To the point I have spent what most people would consider ludicrous to spend on bikes. And, I’m looking to double that amount with my next bike purchase. But, because of the Nike Run Club app, I have been “running”. 5 times over the last week, totaling around 6 miles. Not looking to do a marathon, just something to do when time doesn’t allow me to get the bike out. Maybe, also to help with cycling.

Also, I discovered the Nike Fitness Club app. I have done a couple of the beginner core workouts. Being a truck driver, having a set of exercises I can do without equipment while laying in my bed in the truck is nice.

My big question would be is there anyone else out there with the Nike edition who finds themselves doing this kind of thing, when they have never done it before?

Nope. I was a runner before I had a Nike watch and I’m still a runner.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I purchased the series 4 Nike+ 44mm Apple Watch because I love the Nike+ watch faces. I also purchased it to partially get motivated to workout, but I find the notifications to be annoying so I turned them off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2