Apple Watch series 4 moon phase complication inoperative

mhedman56

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
I've been an Apple Watch user since day one and have been very satisfied with this excellent product. I upgraded from a Series 2 to a Series 4 and am using the Infograph face. Every complication works except the moon phase. Initially it displayed properly....an image of the moon, time of rise/set and countdown to rise/set, but didn't update automatically. Now only an image of the moon is displaying, but no moonrise/set information at all. Unless you are content with simply a small image of the moon and nothing else, this complication is useless.

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem? My sunrise/set complication is fine. I'm guessing that this is a software issue with the moon complication but don't know as there is little to no chatter about this issue.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I’ve also been using the moonphase on the Infograph watch face but is working fine.

Have you tried rebooting your watch?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I verified and it is working for me as well. I would try a reboot to see if it fixes it for you.

mhedman56

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
I have paired and unpaired the watch and that didn't, but don't think I rebooted. That's an obvious attempted fix that I should have tried. I'll give it a shot.

mhedman56

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
Well, I just tried to "hard resets" on my watch, with no success. I don't know why this complication would work for a week and then abruptly stop. I still get the image of the moon, but no moonrise/moonset or countdown info...and it never updated automatically. Do you have a Series 4 with watch OS 5. I didn't use this complication on my Series 2. Perhaps this is a problem for Series 4.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is it, but any chance that you have (on the iPhone) Settings / Privacy / Location Services off, or "Apple Watch Faces" set to never?

Also, I don't know if this is it, but you've restarted the watch, unpaired and re-paired it, but have you restarted the iPhone since this started happening?

Last troubleshooting, have you tried creating another version of the Infograph watch face and setting just the moon phase complication (remove the rest of them) and see if the same thing happens there? You can do this perhaps most easily on the Watch app on the iPhone, tap "Face Gallery" at the bottom, and tap the Infograph face, set the complications and tap the "ADD" button at the top.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods