Anyone have a 44mm Stainless Model?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am looking at getting the new Apple Watch 4 in the 44mm Stainless and wondered if anyone out there has one and how they liked it?

I am also curious about the updated heart monitor? Now that I am a heart patient this is an important feature to me. I appreciate any feedback please.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
What are you specifically looking for? Heart rate monitor is available in all models and hence the question.

I love mine! I previously had S3 aluminum and wanted to try out SS with S4. Absolutely love it. The only thing I don’t like is that it comes with cellular by default. I would have been happier if there was a SS GPS only model. SS fits my attire very well and don’t feel like I am wearing a sports watch anymore!

d2db0ceb6e62ca3875310819487aaef7.jpg

Last edited:

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I ❤️❤️❤️ my stainless steel s4. I still have a 1st gen 38 ss. If you are talking about the ecg feature the app isn’t available yet.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Been using stainless steel since the original Apple Watch, including Series 2 and 3 LTE, all 42mm.

Now Series 4 also the same, stainless steel all the way!

5Auv19I.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I don’t like is that it comes with cellular by default. I would have been happier if there was a SS GPS only model.

Same, I really wanted to do SS for my first time buying a Watch this year but I couldn't justify an extra 100 (based on the aluminum GPS vs GPS+LTE) plus the extra couple hundred on top for SS over the base aluminum GPS model. I'd literally be paying $100 for a feature I won't turn on most likely. I don't fit the use cases for an LTE model such as running/etc and wanting to leave the phone at home while doing things.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at getting the new Apple Watch 4 in the 44mm Stainless and wondered if anyone out there has one and how they liked it?

I am also curious about the updated heart monitor? Now that I am a heart patient this is an important feature to me. I appreciate any feedback please.

Got mine (gold finish) at the beginning of October, and I love it! Massive upgrade from the series “0” aluminum model I had. Screen is amazingly responsive, clarity is fantastic. I’m afraid I cant help you with the heart monitor aspect, though.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information everyone, I am going to look at getting the Stainless steel version for myself. I have been procrastinating long enough.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I went back to the SS version for the s4. The s3 was my only aluminum daily wear Watch. Glad I am back to the SS.

hawkyou

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Same, I really wanted to do SS for my first time buying a Watch this year but I couldn't justify an extra 100 (based on the aluminum GPS vs GPS+LTE) plus the extra couple hundred on top for SS over the base aluminum GPS model. I'd literally be paying $100 for a feature I won't turn on most likely. I don't fit the use cases for an LTE model such as running/etc and wanting to leave the phone at home while doing things.

The glass alone on the screen is worth the extra money.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My new SS AW4 has been on backorder for a month. I love my SS AW3, which will be available soon (I hope).

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My new SS AW4 has been on backorder for a month. I love my SS AW3, which will be available soon (I hope).

I can pay an extra $100 to get one with a Milanese Loop band immediately. I already have a Milanese Loop however, and would have to sell the old one with my stainless AW3 I guess. Or I wait for a few weeks.

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I got the Aluminum S4 space grey. It felt like a toy for me because of the weight. I am used to a Tag. So, I returned it and got myself the SS version for the weight, quality and the sapphire glass and added non-apple link bracelet which added to the weight. I am happy the way it looks and the weight.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wear my watch everyday and all day. It's a phone, a watch, a communicator, health tracker, work out companion, iPod, fashion piece, alarm, calendar, weather and news, and sleep tracker. I got the SS version because of those reasons.I think the aluminum is a good watch, its just not for me.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I has a series 2 SS and I figured a lot if not most good true with the series 4. It looks better has a heft to it but if you’re going to the gym for me the aluminum is much better which is why I got a series 4 Nike plus model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2