I did a search within the Apple Watch forum, but, did not see a dedicated thread for this question.

So...

Curious, are you, You, or YOU going to use/order the cellular service for your Apple Watch, AW4?

I had the service for about 5 days, on the AW3. But, felt that I was not going to use it. More than likely, I should have left it on for the entire month. Considering ATT charge a $30 connection fee; which I did not know about till I get the bill last week. By which time, I had already cancelled the cellular service.

Anyway…
    09-29-2018 08:20 PM
    Absolutely. I don’t take my phone on runs or to the gym anymore. I don’t take my phone swimming or kayaking. I don’t take my phone anywhere I don’t want it to get damaged. And I’m always connected.
    ivanwi11iams, Peaco and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-29-2018 08:25 PM
    If you don’t mind spending the $10-15 month service and you like to be free of your phone at times go for it.

It is nice to be free of your phone and all the distractions that come with it, while still being connected with the watch.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    09-29-2018 09:17 PM
    I'm getting 3 months of free service through T-Mobile. I'll decide in November if it is worth the $10/month to keep it.
    ivanwi11iams, Lee_Bo and bakron1 like this.
    09-29-2018 09:29 PM
    I do and I love it! It’s so nice to have the option of not having my phone but still remain connected.
    ivanwi11iams and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-29-2018 11:01 PM
    I do and I love it! It’s so nice to have the option of not having my phone but still remain connected.
    Does communication seem quick on the watch? Meaning if your phone is within range and a phone call comes in, the watch receives the notification virtually at the same time?

Thanks
    09-30-2018 05:35 AM
    I'm not sure because my iPhone is ALWAYS with me. I'm not sure the extra $10 is worth it to be honest.
    LCW likes this.
    09-30-2018 06:49 AM
    I'm not sure because my iPhone is ALWAYS with me. I'm not sure the extra $10 is worth it to be honest.
    With the exception of when I’m at the office, or when I’m out doing my 3-mile run, my iPhone is always with me. Having said that, there is a hidden compartment behind the Cadillac CUE system. That is also where the wireless charging pad is located. When I’m connected to CarPlay, my iPhone is kept inside that hidden compartment and sometimes, when I go to a retail establishment, especially for something quick, I opt to not remove my iPhone from the hidden compartment.

If I get a call while inside the store or while out running, I can still answer it and communicate with the caller. In addition, I can still send and receive text messages as well as receive other notifications. ‘For me’, the $10 monthly service fee is worth it. Could I do without it? Sure. Do I need to have the cellular capability enabled? Nope, but I’m sure as heck glad I do....
    09-30-2018 08:06 AM
    For those that need/want to be always connected, it’s probably worth it.
    09-30-2018 08:12 AM
    With the exception of when I’m at the office, or when I’m out doing my 3-mile run, my iPhone is always with me. Having said that, there is a hidden compartment behind the Cadillac CUE system. That is also where the wireless charging pad is located. When I’m connected to CarPlay, my iPhone is kept inside that hidden compartment and sometimes, when I go to a retail establishment, especially for something quick, I opt to not remove my iPhone from the hidden compartment.

If I get a call while inside the store or while out running, I can still answer it and communicate with the caller. In addition, I can still send and receive text messages as well as receive other notifications. ‘For me’, the $10 monthly service fee is worth it. Could I do without it? Sure. Do I need to have the cellular capability enabled? Nope, but I’m sure as heck glad I do....
    Yeah everyone uses their devices differently. When I'm on a three mile run, I'm on a three mile run and will not be answering a phone call. It can wait.

I don't ever leave my iPhone in my car...NEVER. I might have intentions on running in and out but that might change and the HEAT on the inside of my car becomes unbearable in a matter of minutes.

I can definitely see where a cellular Apple Watch would be helpful and a necessity for others, but for me I'm not to sure it's necessary.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    09-30-2018 08:18 AM
    I ordered the 44mm Nike+ Apple Watch cellular and I can’t wait to get it and activate the watch on AT&T. This way I can do my activities like running without my phone.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    09-30-2018 08:25 AM
    We got the 3 months free deal with Tmobile with our S3 watches and never looked back. It's nice to be able to go to the gym, walks, bike rides and leave the phone at home (or in the car) and just listen to music via watch and bluetooth speakers. If we device to upgrade (which isn't likely) then we'll stay on LTE with our watches.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    09-30-2018 08:31 AM
    I'm getting 3 months of free service through T-Mobile. I'll decide in November if it is worth the $10/month to keep it.
    $15 after their odd taxes.

I am on AT&T though, but heard the same from VZ and Tmob. My wife's S3 and my S4 are both on AT&T with Cellular, so it's an extra $30 a month.

Really need to think if $360 a year is worth it.... yet I am still paying for it a year later. I don't use the cellular that often, but it's easier to leave my phone on the stand at my desk when wandering around the house..
    ivanwi11iams and KarmelVixen like this.
    09-30-2018 01:46 PM
    $15 after their odd taxes.

I am on AT&T though, but heard the same from VZ and Tmob. My wife's S3 and my S4 are both on AT&T with Cellular, so it's an extra $30 a month.

Really need to think if $360 a year is worth it.... yet I am still paying for it a year later. I don't use the cellular that often, but it's easier to leave my phone on the stand at my desk when wandering around the house..
    T-Mobile includes taxes in their plan prices, so it is (or should be) a flat $10 for me.
    09-30-2018 09:42 PM
    Among other no-phone activities, I run every day, SO, I'm giving the cell service a trial period. We'll see.
    10-01-2018 04:28 PM
    Not this time. Had it on series 3 didnt have to to use it once. Wasted $120 plus the taxes
    10-02-2018 11:15 AM
    I never intended to get it, but my husband talked me into it (which is astounding since he's far more frugal than I am)... and I'm glad he did. It's come in very handy!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-02-2018 11:23 AM
    I never intended to get it, but my husband talked me into it (which is astounding since he's far more frugal than I am)... and I'm glad he did. It's come in very handy!
    I'm curious. How/when have you used it? Why didn't you have your phone available?
    10-02-2018 03:06 PM
    I'm curious. How/when have you used it? Why didn't you have your phone available?
    I used it just the other day! My phone was charging in our bedroom, and I was in the laundry room on the other side of the house when my Watch rang. I was able to answer the call on my watch, thus preventing missing the call. I have used it to make a call when I had left my phone at the office. I find it incredibly handy!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-02-2018 03:43 PM
    I was out cutting the grass in the rain yesterday and left my iPhone X in the house and was listening to music on my old iPhone 6 (just use it as an iPod) with my AirPods. My brother called and I answered it on my series 4 watch. And I love the feeling of security that if anything ever "happens" I can contact help. Worth every penny of the $10/month to me!
    bluesqueen23 and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-02-2018 05:09 PM
    Being I am heart patient now and sometimes I would like to be able to leave my phone in the center console when I am in the store or just visiting one of my clients and don’t feel like carrying my phone, I think the 10/month fee would be a bargain.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-02-2018 05:50 PM
    10-02-2018 07:55 PM
    When I initially got my AW S3 with cellular I did so on the free trial window and kept it, but I didn't use it right away. I did find the ability to take and make calls when my phone wasn't with me to be helpful, still don't see why its $10 or more a month but that is the cost to have the extra functionality without your phone.
    10-02-2018 08:11 PM
    It’s something that was difficult to get used to. I was so used to always having my phone that I felt weird without it. Now when I forget it or purposefully leave it behind, it’s great.
    10-02-2018 08:15 PM
    I found it can be nice to have the option to bring your phone but still get a call in an emergency. I just wish I could pair my AW S4 to my BT hearing aids like I do on my phone.
    10-03-2018 05:09 PM
55 123