The Watch is the best tech product ever invented for me.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I would like to emphasize the for me part. The Apple Watch has become a must have for me and my lifestyle. When they put cellular on it, that pushed it even further on my must have tech item. Whenever my phone would buzz I would check it. I always felt like I needed it by my side and now I don’t. I use the watch at work, the gym, when I forget my phone, to make calls, revive calls, send texts, track my health, as a calendar reminder, piece of jewelry, and for the time. The new watch makes doing it all so much easier. My text messages are huge, I can read emails, write better responses, and it doesn’t feel any different even though it’s bigger. Series 4 is an absolute gem and if people think apple doesn’t innovate then so be it. Just like Germany and their cars Apple can take an item and tweak it, fine tune it, and make it better with every iteration. They even managed to change it but still leave us the ability to use old accessories. The series 4 is In its own league.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best tech product ever invented for me.

I stopped wearing watches for nearly 15 years... but since getting the S3 and now the S4 I miss it if I don't have it and I find it very useful with my iPhone for daily tasks. I can't imagine not having it now.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I stopped wearing watches for nearly 15 years... but since getting the S3 and now the S4 I miss it if I don't have it and I find it very useful with my iPhone for daily tasks. I can't imagine not having it now.

It makes life easier and I think that’s the key.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It makes life easier and I think that’s the key.

I am on the road a lot for work... for me I like the haptic notice on my wrist when turns are coming up, etc.

When not on the road I work from home. I often leave my phone on my desk. With the watch I can get my notices, set timers, set reminders, answer calls, etc.

Also it's easy for me to get caught up with work for 3-4 hours w/o getting up. The watch reminds me to stand every hour, so I can get my standing rings.

Not counting the heart monitor, as I get OLD, it's nice to know it's there. It's not a replacement from seeing your Doctors or gettings tests, but it's better than nothing.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I am on the road a lot for work... for me I like the haptic notice on my wrist when turns are coming up, etc.

When not on the road I work from home. I often leave my phone on my desk. With the watch I can get my notices, set timers, set reminders, answer calls, etc.

Also it's easy for me to get caught up with work for 3-4 hours w/o getting up. The watch reminds me to stand every hour, so I can get my standing rings.

Not counting the heart monitor, as I get OLD, it's nice to know it's there. It's not a replacement from seeing your Doctors or gettings tests, but it's better than nothing.

It has one of these built in now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I would like to emphasize the for me part. The Apple Watch has become a must have for me and my lifestyle. When they put cellular on it, that pushed it even further on my must have tech item. Whenever my phone would buzz I would check it. I always felt like I needed it by my side and now I don’t. I use the watch at work, the gym, when I forget my phone, to make calls, revive calls, send texts, track my health, as a calendar reminder, piece of jewelry, and for the time. The new watch makes doing it all so much easier. My text messages are huge, I can read emails, write better responses, and it doesn’t feel any different even though it’s bigger. Series 4 is an absolute gem and if people think apple doesn’t innovate then so be it. Just like Germany and their cars Apple can take an item and tweak it, fine tune it, and make it better with every iteration. They even managed to change it but still leave us the ability to use old accessories. The series 4 is In its own league.

Outstanding and well-stated.......Like you, my Watch (Series 3 cellular) is always with me and it lessens the anxiety I feel if I leave my iPhone behind or forget to bring my wallet when I go to a retail store that accepts Pay. The Watch has indeed become a must-have for ‘me’, too. Thank you for creating this thread and sharing your experience with your Watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’ve worn a watch since I was in elementary school. I would feel naked without one on my wrist. In fact, I could be doing something on my iPhone and yet, I will still raise my left wrist to view the time on my Watch, and after all these years, I doubt that’ll ever change.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Outstanding and well-stated.......Like you, my Watch (Series 3 cellular) is always with me and it lessens the anxiety I feel if I leave my iPhone behind or forget to bring my wallet when I go to a retail store that accepts Pay. The Watch has indeed become a must-have for ‘me’, too. Thank you for creating this thread and sharing your experience with your Watch.

No problem, I think we forget in all these online reviews how these really effect us. I forgot about Apple Pay. Countless times I have forgotten my wallet just to be able to use my watch to pay.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It has one of these built in now.

I did state that, as I said not to mention, etc... but keep in mind two points. #1 it's not working yet and #2 it only takes one reading. The ones that are used professionally takes many more readings and is interpreted by a human... The one Apple is using can certainly save lives, no doubt, but it's not a replacement from seeing a medical professional.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to have to agree with the OP and I don't even have mine yet. I always wore watches off and on, but once I got a smarphone and was always on it back around 2009/2010 I kinda stopped until getting a fitbit charge series (1 and 2) in 2015 after a health scare and having to get in shape. I wear it 24/7 except for showering. Now I'm going to be getting a Watch but one of the huge reasons for me is the new heart rate tech in it. Not just the ECG that doesn't actually work yet, but the optical sensor monitoring for AFib which I got diagnosed with at a "young" age of 42 (that's REALLY young for AFib).

When I heard Apple was working on monitoring for stuff like that I knew my FitBit days were numbered. I'd already been thinking about getting a smartwatch since the early days of the Motorola 360 when I was on Android anyway even before I was using a FitBit. This was just the icing on the cake. The FitBit has never registered any odd heart rates any of the few times I've had rhythm issues so I'm definitely excited to have something that will be able to.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you 100% When Apple came out with their first Watch, I thought it was neat and exciting, but couldn't figure out what I would use it for. I waited until this past April when I got my S3... and now for the life of me, I can't imagine what life was like before it, and I can't stand not having it with me at all times.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods