Original Apple Watch Owners going to Upgrade?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I'm an original Apple Watch owner, series 0 as they sometimes say. lol My watch is working fine. I KNOW it won't get the new watch OS, but does that really matter?

HOWEVER, as a 52 year old man with a family history of heart disease (both sides), maybe the new ECG will be of a great benefit to me? Smaller bezels and a slightly larger size might be appealing too.

So question is, do I upgrade, OR do I wait till the original dies and THEN upgrade? What are others doing?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm right there with you PK, and YES, I will be upgrading my Black Stainless Steel Apple () Watch this year...Finally. (LOL). With various improvements over my "O" series, I think it's about time for me to pull the trigger (so to speak) on the latest, greatest Apple () Watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am an original Watch owner, but I’m currently wearing a Series 3 model. I didn’t see the keynote, but the Series 4 has caught my attention, but whether or not I'll actually upgrade to it remains to be seen. I doubt it, but we'll see. I want to know how fast it is. I don't care about the thinness or the new watch face, although it's an eye-catcher.

Last edited:

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Folks,

I'm an original Apple Watch owner, series 0 as they sometimes say. lol My watch is working fine. I KNOW it won't get the new watch OS, but does that really matter?

HOWEVER, as a 52 year old man with a family history of heart disease (both sides), maybe the new ECG will be of a great benefit to me? Smaller bezels and a slightly larger size might be appealing too.

So question is, do I upgrade, OR do I wait till the original dies and THEN upgrade? What are others doing?

I’m with you on this. I’m 34, but nonetheless I am really captivated to move on to a Series 4 and plan on it. Already listed my Series 4 lol

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to upgrade for new features, better battery life, and especially the faster speed. I find I use my watch only for notifications, timer, complications, etc., but operating any app on it is painfully slow. I'm hoping the newer one won't be like that and I can actually use it for more.

Not going to lie, the additional heart/health features are intriguing as well, and my old eyes could benefit from the larger screen I'm sure!

I just don't know if I spend for the SS again or go aluminum... but I see there's already a thread on that!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to upgrade for new features, better battery life, and especially the faster speed. I find I use my watch only for notifications, timer, complications, etc., but operating any app on it is painfully slow. I'm hoping the newer one won't be like that and I can actually use it for more.

Not going to lie, the additional heart/health features are intriguing as well, and my old eyes could benefit from the larger screen I'm sure!

I just don't know if I spend for the SS again or go aluminum... but I see there's already a thread on that!

I thought you had the series 3?
You still on OG?

anon(978604)

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Clicked on Buy with Apple Pay today after stomaching the $900 with tax for a SS Space Gold GPS+Celliular with AppleCare. I only got the AC in case I decide to keep the watch longer than a year. In addition, the $250 credit I am getting back (SS Space Gold Series 3 GPS+Cellular) from Apple for trade in will help with the cost a bit.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I find getting the aluminum edition is better if your going to upgrade every year to year and a half.......if your going to hold on to the watch through a few cycles the SS is well worth it! Even if you don’t keep the SS for a while you can easily sell it on EBay before the end of the cycle.....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not an original AW user but an AW S3 LTE user upgrading to AW S4 LTE, my sister is the beneficiary of my outgoing watch, she has wanted one but just didn't see the real benefits. So she gets mine and it will be of benefit to her.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I’m also a first gen S0, and...I’m upgrading to a series 4 Nike+ silver aluminium. love the new faces with complications and the new screen size! I’ll start running again as soon as I get it! *♂️ need to get back in shape.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR