Which Apple Watch series 4 will you be purchasing?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What made you leave your Pixel for the XS Max? I haven’t been using my 2XL either, but I do miss stock Android from time to time.

I mean I love my Pixel 2 XL. Nothing is wrong with it at all (and of course that camera -- omg) but I really really really want a good LTE watch. Sadly the Pixel watch was a bust and Android Wear is just meh. I tried the TicWatch Pro and it was just awful -- super laggy and slow. I know a new processor is coming out for it but you need that + better operations on Android Wear + LTE for it to be a match for me.

So therefore I am going with the Apple Watch Series 4 LTE. I need an iPhone for it to work so .. I will use that. Apple is opening up and allowing Google Maps in CarPlay (one of my big gripes before) and working better w/ password managers from the OS. Therefore a few big gripes for me are solved. The little tweaks I do on Android will be missed but the benefits of iOS will be good such as the LTE watch, iMessage for most of my family (videos of my nephew finally!), and FaceTime as well (due to family).

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I mean I love my Pixel 2 XL. Nothing is wrong with it at all (and of course that camera -- omg) but I really really really want a good LTE watch. Sadly the Pixel watch was a bust and Android Wear is just meh. I tried the TicWatch Pro and it was just awful -- super laggy and slow. I know a new processor is coming out for it but you need that + better operations on Android Wear + LTE for it to be a match for me.

So therefore I am going with the Apple Watch Series 4 LTE. I need an iPhone for it to work so .. I will use that. Apple is opening up and allowing Google Maps in CarPlay (one of my big gripes before) and working better w/ password managers from the OS. Therefore a few big gripes for me are solved. The little tweaks I do on Android will be missed but the benefits of iOS will be good such as the LTE watch, iMessage for most of my family (videos of my nephew finally!), and FaceTime as well (due to family).

That’s super cool! I’m very excited for you

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously debating SS or aluminum and can't decide. Well, I know I want SS/sapphire for the look & feel, but my wife is not feeling the price increase of $300 over aluminum. Yes I know it's technically only like $200 with equal features (LTE) but I wasn't planning on actually activating the LTE part and just wanted the materials. Sounds like I'm going to probably be doing either silver or SG aluminum instead with Apple Care and hope I don't scratch it up cause I'm NOT using protectors or cases on a watch.

Yea I don't use SP for a watch lol, just get AC+ and you be fine, if it does scratch up big time use the AC+ and you got it covered. But I had the aluminum version Series 0 for a long time without a SP and never had scratch until this year by mistake at work. I am getting one this Friday but will only be using it for exercises and other stuff but no work this time, I already got a different watch for work. I think using a Case and a SP for a watch is funny jajaja.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Checking UPS, my Watch left Shanghai "tomorrow" (around noon today my time) hopefully the next hop is in the US.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I don’t get my watch until mid October unfortunately. I ordered the 44 in Space Gray aluminum with the sport band and then decided I wanted it with the sport loop instead. Went to Apple chat to see if they could change it for me and even though it wasn’t close to shipping they said they couldn’t change the order. I would have to cancel and reorder. So mid October it is.

Right now I have the 38 aluminum in silver and always wished I’d gotten the darker color. It looks so sleek when I see it on other people. Also wanted to go bigger, but I just can’t see paying so much more for the stainless, plus it scratches so easily. I’ve seen it on coworkers and it doesn’t wear well, unless you’re very careful!

Apple has the trade in program for the watches too so they’re sending me the box to send in my 38 and giving me $175 for it - I don’t think that’s bad.

Hoping I’m okay with the 44 mm size, but I’m not petite, I’m 5’9” and average weight, and I think it will be a nice size for me. 🤞

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a 44mm SS with cellular for myself and a 40mm gold aluminum for the wife from Apple online store. It’s gonna be a 3-4 weeks wait.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Going to sell my Series 3 Aluminum Space Gray (Black) 42mm and I have a pick up scheduled with BB for a 44mm Aluminium S4 Space Gray. I don't care about the band, will put the stock band on my S3 and sell it on Swappa.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My SS 44mm s4 comes tomorrow, but of course I will be out of town until later on in the week.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple store is back up... but... :laughing:

I'll stick to playing the lottery, the odds are better.

Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
Arrives Oct 12 - Oct 19

This item will take longer than usual to ship. As soon as it’s ready, we’ll send you an update and prepare the shipment.

Apple store order status seems to be down t the moment

View attachment 124209

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered! Our first Watches. A 40mm space gray Nike with the Nike band for my wife (she likes that style of band and has been using 3rd party versions on her Charge 2) and a 44mm space gray with sport loop for myself. Estimated Oct 25-Nov 1. Hopefully they'll show up soon but we'll see. Both are GPS only, we really don't have a use case for the LTE right now.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I received my Hermes 44MM last night and honestly for the cost of the band I returned it and ordered a 44MM SS Milanese Silver. The single tour deployment band is very nice, but not really going to suit my needs, swapping bands on and off for workouts and then off to work.

I have read about complications that others are getting on the AW S4, but were not available. Like UVI, wasn't going to use it but it wasn't there at all. Battery was a 20% hit in 3 hours of the day, my AW3 would go all day a 20-25% hit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73