Which Apple Watch series 4 will you be purchasing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why 40 vs 44? I'm looking to buy my first watch and figured I'd get the bigger one which is of course now even bigger. I did wrist measurements though and the 44 is only like 1/8" bigger which doesn't seem like much even though they visually look so different in the watch size comparison in the store app

My original Watch was a 42mm model and although I appreciated the bigger screen, I tried a 38mm years later and decided that I liked it on my wrist better. When I decided to buy the Series 3, I went with the 38mm variety and it has worked out great for me and therefore I will maintain the smaller display if I opt to
get the Series 4.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My original Watch was a 42mm model and although I appreciated the bigger screen, I tried a 38mm years later and decided that I liked it on my wrist better. When I decided to buy the Series 3, I went with the 38mm variety and it has worked out great for me and therefore I will maintain the smaller display if I opt to
get the Series 4.

Ah ok. I'll have to try them in a store to see first. It's probably different with a square brick like a Watch but just out of curiosity I just measured the actual watch I used to wear a few years ago before I stopped and started wearing a FitBit Charge and it's actually about 45mm from top to bottom of the main watch body which surprised me. It doesn't look that big and due to a bunch of weight loss over the last couple years I have much narrower wrists now as well. Of course the AW is probably 40% thicker though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just got a new car a month ago too. And I put a special clear coat on the entire front of it. I can’t justify the money right now. Holidays coming up. I am keeping my series 3 watch. I paid it off in payments for 6 months. Almost a yr having it. I have the 38 mm and I have very small wrist. I like it. I might down the road break down and get the phone. But for now I don’t think so. I want to see the max and play with it a bit in a Verizon store. I wasn’t crazy about the X but this Jax larger screen has my attention

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new car a month ago too. And I put a special clear coat on the entire front of it. I can’t justify the money right now. Holidays coming up. I am keeping my series 3 watch. I paid it off in payments for 6 months. Almost a yr having it. I have the 38 mm and I have very small wrist. I like it. I might down the road break down and get the phone. But for now I don’t think so. I want to see the max and play with it a bit in a Verizon store. I wasn’t crazy about the X but this Jax larger screen has my attention

I just got a new car 2-months ago, it goes in on Tuesday for LED light mods, and a light bar under the lower grill and debranding. I also have the iPhone XsMax 256 Space Gray coming in on Friday. I am not sad I did not also order the S4 Watch. I can wait and see if anyone has stock on Friday, my guess is NOPE. I can wait until October/November and get it for an early Xmas gift. I have the Series 3, but I really like the Series 4 larger display.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new car 2-months ago, it goes in on Tuesday for LED light mods, and a light bar under the lower grill and debranding. I also have the iPhone XsMax 256 Space Gray coming in on Friday. I am not sad I did not also order the S4 Watch. I can wait and see if anyone has stock on Friday, my guess is NOPE. I can wait until October/November and get it for an early Xmas gift. I have the Series 3, but I really like the Series 4 larger display.

Looking at the Apple app, it appears pre-orders of any version of the Series 4 watch is now mid-October.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Aluminum 44mm in silver with the sport loop. Current AW3 42mm is going to the wife. It was a no brainer for me... larger face, more complications. I live by my Apple Watch, so more information at a glance will be awesome.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Aluminum 44mm space black schedule for 21 September !

Here are dimensions compared

c20640196dd94eb0afbb3bdddbc0b453.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning to go to a store and check out the sport loop before I buy. The various reviews I've seen online it seems like a nice upgrade over the silicon/rubber basic band. Just need a second look. The local Best Buy has them on the display samples that you can try on and I don't remember being too impressed with them the first time I saw them, but now I'm intrigued and want to check them out more in depth. Wouldn't mind a nice leather one either but I'll probably turn to 3rd party for that unless I have $$$ burning a hole in my wallet later on cause I do like the look of the leather loop kind.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Ordered my new series 4 Silver/Aluminum/Sport Loop/LTE through Best Buy. 12 months 0% financing makes it easier to swallow the cost. My Series 2 is still working great but I decided I wanted the LTE.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Awesome!!! I'm sure the GF is super happy hahaha.

It will be fun to have iMessage. I have always loved it. My parents can share videos with me once again without it being crap. Facetime is also nice.

I am stoked for the watch. I just got my shipping notice from Verizon for the phone (arriving Friday). The watch comes a week later.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It will be fun to have iMessage. I have always loved it. My parents can share videos with me once again without it being crap. Facetime is also nice.

I am stoked for the watch. I just got my shipping notice from Verizon for the phone (arriving Friday). The watch comes a week later.

Yeah it is super nice when the whole family is iOS users....that's my family ha. The group FaceTime too in iOS 12 will be even cooler. I have the X and don't think I am upgrading yet. I will be getting the new watch though...you will love it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just checked out a series 3 again at best buy. Definitely think I'll do the sport loop and the 44. The 42 seemed a better size to me than the 38 and think the same will be true for 40 vs 44 for me.