swapping screens on the Apple Watch

lionel shunmugam

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys please assist me I recently cracked my gps only series 3 watch screen. One of my friends gave me a broken series 3 gps and cellular watch. He says the screen stil works ..
my question is, will the series 3 cellular+gps screen work on the series 3 gps only watch.. someone said the force touch won’t work is that true??

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys please assist me I recently cracked my gps only series 3 watch screen. One of my friends gave me a broken series 3 gps and cellular watch. He says the screen stil works ..
my question is, will the series 3 cellular+gps screen work on the series 3 gps only watch.. someone said the force touch won’t work is that true??

If you’re gonna open up that thing please keep in mind that you’ll most like lose all water sealing it has.
But other than that, I don’t see a reason why the screens wouldn’t be interchangeable.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Piece of advice: it’s probably cheaper in the long run if you bring it in to an Apple Store and have them fix it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you’re gonna open up that thing please keep in mind that you’ll most like lose all water sealing it has.
But other than that, I don’t see a reason why the screens wouldn’t be interchangeable.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Piece of advice: it’s probably cheaper in the long run if you bring it in to an Apple Store and have them fix it.

Agreed 100%

lionel shunmugam

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for replying .. so Okay I took it to a guy who repairs apples for a living and he swapped the screens and everything works perfectly the touch the display is great but the force touch doesn’t work so u cannot press down hard for secondary function..sad!!...So I guess the screens aren’t fully compatible. U have to get the exact model screens fitted..

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for replying .. so Okay I took it to a guy who repairs apples for a living and he swapped the screens and everything works perfectly the touch the display is great but the force touch doesn’t work so u cannot press down hard for secondary function..sad!!...So I guess the screens aren’t fully compatible. U have to get the exact model screens fitted..

Thanks for following up. It’s too bad about the lack of force touch, but at least everything else is working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711