To those of you with a cellular model Series 3 Watch on Verizon’s network, how it is performing for you when connected directly to the cellular network?
    11-29-2018 01:46 PM
    To those of you with a cellular model Series 3 Watch on Verizon’s network, how it is performing for you when connected directly to the cellular network?
    Unfortunately, I almost always have my phone with me so I haven’t had much chance to use my watch that way. There have been just a couple of times that I forgot my phone and I had no service on the watch! I was pretty bummed out about that. Not sure why there was no service because my phone always works well in those places.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-29-2018 04:57 PM
    Unfortunately, I almost always have my phone with me so I haven’t had much chance to use my watch that way. There have been just a couple of times that I forgot my phone and I had no service on the watch! I was pretty bummed out about that. Not sure why there was no service because my phone always works well in those places.
    For Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA carriers, the watch will only connect when you have LTE connectivity. GSM networks like ATT and TMobile will work with 3G on the watch, but not on Verizon.

So, if those places are Verizon 3G, that would be why the watch doesn’t connect.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-29-2018 09:36 PM
    I'm on Tmobile and I almost always run errands on the weekends with just my watch. It's just a smaller version on my iPhone on my wrist. Still get emails, messages, phone calls, and I even stream  Music via Airpods when at Costco. Absolute zero problems.

Only negative is no camera.
    11-30-2018 08:23 AM
    I finally got rid of my AT&T wireless account and went back to Verizon. I wanted to know how the Watch performed on its network before I switched over. Anyway, it’s working well on VZW’s network thus far.
    11-30-2018 10:04 PM
    I have the series 4 so I’m not sure how similar the radios in the two are. But I’ve left my phone home a couple times on quick store runs and my watch performed wonderfully. Streaming music, making a call or two and receiving text messages worked as expected with no hiccups.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-30-2018 10:12 PM