Hello all,

I've searched and didn't find anything but I may have overlooked. If there is something on this please resend me to the right thread.

I have a series 3 that won't turn on. I charged it last night and nothing this morning. I tried another charger, still nothing. Could the battery gone out after a year?

I have tried to see if it's in power saving mode, nothing.
    I have tried holding the crown and the button to reset it, nothing.
    I've tried to see if it's in voice over mode and it's off.

Am I missing anything? I reached out to Apple and because it's a week after the 1 year mark they won't help me. Also I've reach d out to Best Buy and they said they'll charge me to diagnose it.

Any other suggestions? Tips, tricks, any idea that could help.
    10-21-2018 11:17 PM
    The only things that I can think of:

- You say that you used another charger. How about another charging cable? And another outlet to plug into? (Also, does the watch indicate anything when the charger is connected?)

- You say that you pressed the crown and button, but did you do it for more than 10 seconds? That is the forced reset combination.

- Make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store? They will help you even if you are out of warranty to at least walk through all of the troubleshooting steps.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-22-2018 06:57 AM
    Yes regardless of warrantee status the Apple Genius bar will assist in diagnosing the issue. Plus they are able to swap it out for you at no charge if they feel like that is warranted.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-22-2018 08:17 AM
    The only things that I can think of:

- You say that you used another charger. How about another charging cable? And another outlet to plug into? (Also, does the watch indicate anything when the charger is connected?)

- You say that you pressed the crown and button, but did you do it for more than 10 seconds? That is the forced reset combination.

- Make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store? They will help you even if you are out of warranty to at least walk through all of the troubleshooting steps.
    Question 1
    Yes different cable and power plug. Original and high output

Question 2
    10 seconds and tried holding it until something came up. Gave up after a minutes

Question 3
    Did over the phone troubleshooting. The guy on the phone then said most likely the battery. He wouldn't quote me but he said bring it in so they can determine if it's software or hardware.
    10-22-2018 03:14 PM
    hey just try pressing and holding the power and digital crown for several minutes
    10-23-2018 07:56 AM
    Quick update, I booked an appointment for a genius to do whatever they could to revive my watch. They said it is a faulty battery and they replaced it for free with a brand new one.

So future don't bother with the over the phone techs just take it in for them to assist.
    doogald likes this.
    10-31-2018 05:51 PM