Walkie Talkie

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The walkie talkie function in Watch OS 5 does not work. Both my wife and I tried to add he each other but it says only “inviting”

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
The walkie talkie function in Watch OS 5 does not work. Both my wife and I tried to add he each other but it says only “inviting”

It works. If one of you hadn’t update your watch yet and you’ve sent an invite, it gets confused. One of you try deleting the invite and resending the invite. Try that.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue. Plus the small icon in the middle top would show for one second and disappear. Isn’t it supposed to stay on until you switch available off?

tdosthp

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
You also have to ensure that you and your wife are not sharing the same Apple ID. That will prevent it from working. Played with it yesterday with my nephew and it works fine. Tried with a friend you shared an Apple ID with his wife and he never got my invitations nor did I get his.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have this same issue. Plus the small icon in the middle top would show for one second and disappear. Isn’t it supposed to stay on until you switch available off?

When wrist to raise happens the icon only flashes for a second, to show its active. That you’re available. People have to be careful, it’s on at all times, if ‘available’. Say like in a meeting. Turning off sound/silent, the voice still goes through. It’s going to annoying having to do both or even to remember.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
When wrist to raise happens the icon only flashes for a second, to show its active. That you’re available. People have to be careful, it’s on at all times, if ‘available’. Say like in a meeting. Turning off sound/silent, the voice still goes through. It’s going to annoying having to do both or even to remember.

Yeah my wife and I tried it out. I thought you would have to touch something to hear the message. Going to keep it off I guess.

durfmobile

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
... try deleting the invite ...

For those of you wondering, “How does one cancel the Walkie-Talkie Invite?”, you have to do it on your iPhone, Watch.app, Walkie-Talkie, Edit, (red delete button), Remove.
I find it silly that you can only add a ‘friend’ from the Watch’s Walkie-Talkie app, but can only edit your invites and ‘friend list’ on the iPhone, and there are no suggestions to this effect on the Watch.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
First thing I tucked into a distant corner of my App layout. Pointless bit of **** Tracy-wear that - if posts are anything to go by - doesn't work all that well anyway.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
First thing I tucked into a distant corner of my App layout. Pointless bit of D*ck Tracy-wear that - if posts are anything to go by - doesn't work all that well anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711