The walkie talkie function in Watch OS 5 does not work. Both my wife and I tried to add he each other but it says only “inviting”
    09-19-2018 03:46 PM
    The walkie talkie function in Watch OS 5 does not work. Both my wife and I tried to add he each other but it says only “inviting”
    It works. If one of you hadn’t update your watch yet and you’ve sent an invite, it gets confused. One of you try deleting the invite and resending the invite. Try that.
    Just_Me_D and carrickfergus like this.
    09-19-2018 06:23 PM
    I have this same issue. Plus the small icon in the middle top would show for one second and disappear. Isn’t it supposed to stay on until you switch available off?
    09-19-2018 10:01 PM
    You also have to ensure that you and your wife are not sharing the same Apple ID. That will prevent it from working. Played with it yesterday with my nephew and it works fine. Tried with a friend you shared an Apple ID with his wife and he never got my invitations nor did I get his.
    09-20-2018 05:24 AM
    I have this same issue. Plus the small icon in the middle top would show for one second and disappear. Isn’t it supposed to stay on until you switch available off?
    When wrist to raise happens the icon only flashes for a second, to show its active. That you’re available. People have to be careful, it’s on at all times, if ‘available’. Say like in a meeting. Turning off sound/silent, the voice still goes through. It’s going to annoying having to do both or even to remember.
    09-20-2018 05:30 AM
    When wrist to raise happens the icon only flashes for a second, to show its active. That you’re available. People have to be careful, it’s on at all times, if ‘available’. Say like in a meeting. Turning off sound/silent, the voice still goes through. It’s going to annoying having to do both or even to remember.
    Yeah my wife and I tried it out. I thought you would have to touch something to hear the message. Going to keep it off I guess.
    09-20-2018 01:02 PM
    Still doesn’t work. We have tried adding and taking it off :-/
    09-20-2018 11:56 PM
    I guess try restarting your iPhones and watches. It was a fix for me.
    09-21-2018 11:04 AM
    ... try deleting the invite ...
    For those of you wondering, “How does one cancel the Walkie-Talkie Invite?”, you have to do it on your iPhone, Watch.app, Walkie-Talkie, Edit, (red delete button), Remove.
    I find it silly that you can only add a ‘friend’ from the Watch’s Walkie-Talkie app, but can only edit your invites and ‘friend list’ on the iPhone, and there are no suggestions to this effect on the Watch.
    09-26-2018 02:51 PM
    First thing I tucked into a distant corner of my App layout. Pointless bit of **** Tracy-wear that - if posts are anything to go by - doesn't work all that well anyway.
    09-28-2018 01:42 PM
    First thing I tucked into a distant corner of my App layout. Pointless bit of D*ck Tracy-wear that - if posts are anything to go by - doesn't work all that well anyway.
    09-28-2018 01:42 PM
    Nothing in this update works on my S3. Very frustrating
    10-02-2018 08:23 PM