Transfer call from Watch to phone?

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all - I can't believe I couldn't solve this one by searching the interwebs, but the solutions I found don't match anything that is I can see on my phone or watch. I have the series 3 watch and an iPhone 8 plus. Handoff is activated on both. I have so far been unable to figure out how to switch a phone call from my watch to my phone. Sometimes I answer a call on my watch when I am away from my phone, but I want to switch the call to my phone I have it in hand. Even though there is a call in progress, there is no green bar at the top of my phone screen... and I don't have a phone icon on the lower left corner of my lock screen that I can swipe up on (per instructions I have read). This should be simple. Anyone?

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I have tried that. It doesn't do anything. It just shows me the normal screens that are there when you open the phone app while not in a call, like Favorites, Contacts, etc

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All I do is tap on the little phone icon at the top left corner of my iPhone from the lock screen and the call instantly transfers from my Watch to the iPhone.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
All I do is tap on the little phone icon at the top left corner of my iPhone from the lock screen and the call instantly transfers from my Watch to the iPhone.

I don’t have a phone icon at the top left corner of my iPhone X. There is no phone icon anywhere on the lock screen! The only icons on my lock screen are the flashlight and the camera at the bottom of the screen. I’d like to know how to do this too.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I don’t have a phone icon at the top left corner of my iPhone X. There is no phone icon anywhere on the lock screen! The only icons on my lock screen are the flashlight and the camera at the bottom of the screen. I’d like to know how to do this too.

Never mind!! I did a test call and realized the icon only shows up when you answer the phone on your watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711