I have had an Apple Watch (various models) for the last 3 years or so.
    During that entire time, I have been trying to find the perfect fit on my wrist.

With mechanical watches, I wear them tight. Mainly because I wear Invicta watches. They are heavy, and it not worn tight, then can even hurt a little (they weight causes them to sag, and cause wrist pain).

With my Apple Watch, the default hole on the band is number 5. HOWEVER, often I miss notifications because I don't feel it all the time.

For a while now, I have been trying to wear my Apple Watch in hole number 4. But, for the life of me it is tight, but feels uncomfortable. And, this is even more so with the Sport Bands. They seem to 'stick' to my wrist. Gross! To me, hole 4 & 1/2 would be perfect...!

Anyway, curious how you wear your Apple Watch, to not miss notifications...?
    08-11-2018 10:37 PM
    I have had an Apple Watch (various models) for the last 3 years or so.
    During that entire time, I have been trying to find the perfect fit on my wrist.

With mechanical watches, I wear them tight. Mainly because I wear Invicta watches. They are heavy, and it not worn tight, then can even hurt a little (they weight causes them to sag, and cause wrist pain).

With my Apple Watch, the default hole on the band is number 5. HOWEVER, often I miss notifications because I don't feel it all the time.

For a while now, I have been trying to wear my Apple Watch in hole number 4. But, for the life of me it is tight, but feels uncomfortable. And, this is even more so with the Sport Bands. They seem to 'stick' to my wrist. Gross! To me, hole 4 & 1/2 would be perfect...!

Anyway, curious how you wear your Apple Watch, to not miss notifications...?
    I’m in the same boat like you. I wear my Watch in hole 5 because I want my wrists to breathe. And when doing workouts I put it in 6 so it stays snug on my wrist and can’t wiggle when I move my arms around a lot while running or shakes when on the MTB.

And just like you, I wished there was a ½ option.
    08-12-2018 02:16 AM
    I wear comfortable, whatever hole that is in the sport band. I usually wear my Milanese loop though. I usually only miss notifications when I’m otherwise occupied.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-12-2018 05:01 AM
    Have you tried the sport loop band? It is really comfortable and you can adjust it to your exact preference.
    ivanwi11iams and Annie_8plus like this.
    08-12-2018 07:20 AM
    Have you tried the sport loop band? It is really comfortable and you can adjust it to your exact preference.
    I will look into one. However, I do wish the end that connects to the watch widened, like the Sport Bands do. Aesthetically, it looks better, to me.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-12-2018 07:30 AM
    I’m wearing mine with the Milanese loop so I tend to wear it very slightly loose for ventilation, but still snug.
    08-12-2018 10:48 AM
    I usually wear my Apple black leather loop snug and I don't miss any notifications. Actually I wear all of my Apple Watch bands snug come to think of it...LOL. I do have a couple of non Apple Watch bands that don't fit as snug as I would like, but I guess I'm sensitive to vibrations and noises because I don't miss notifications from my Apple Watch. Since wrist sizes vary, it's kinda hard to determine which hole would be correct for an individual. I think that snug is better than loose. IMHO.
    08-12-2018 11:00 AM
    I wear my Watch snugly, but not overly so. I definitely don’t miss any alerts.
    08-12-2018 04:42 PM
    Depending on which band I have on, it's ether hole 4 or hole 5.
    08-13-2018 08:01 AM
    I tend to wear mine very snug and I'm so used to it that even when I put it on in the dark (first thing in the morning), I nearly always hit the same hole.
    08-13-2018 04:00 PM
    I wear mine comfortable but snug on hole 5.
    08-13-2018 04:41 PM
    I have a sport loop on right now and I wear it so that it fits snugly. The only band that I wear the slightest bit loose is my Milanese band.
    08-13-2018 09:36 PM
    I have small wrists but prefer 3 hole. If worn particular band awhile number 2 works. I like my Milanese but not all the time. I have many bands
    09-13-2018 12:51 PM
    The small wristed in my family are happy with the Nike type and the velcro type bands. Not to sweaty and good hold for the HRM to work during action sports.
    09-13-2018 01:07 PM
    I have the Apple Watch 1st gen and the series 3. I wear them not too tight, and I still getting all the vibration alerts. It's one of the best new products from Apple in recent years.
    09-13-2018 04:31 PM
    3rd hole on Nike Sport Band unless I’m working out, then 4th hole.
    10-04-2018 02:01 PM
    UPDATE:

Oddly enough, with my AW3, the bands in hole 4 used to be too tight on my wrist. Almost to the point of being annoying, and I’d have to move to hole 5.

With my AW4, SAME bands, and it fit perfect in hole 4...
    10-05-2018 11:45 AM