No text sound on phone?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a series 3 Nike black yesterday and noticed no text sound on my iphone x. I get the ringer on a call. Is there a setting I missed for text sounds to play on the phone when wearing my watch?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a series 3 Nike black yesterday and noticed no text sound on my iphone x. I get the ringer on a call. Is there a setting I missed for text sounds to play on the phone when wearing my watch?

When wearing the watch, you can choose which notifications go on the watch or not. If they go on the watch, you’ll get the alert there and not on the phone.

You can configure your watch notification settings in the Watch app

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
When wearing the watch, you can choose which notifications go on the watch or not. If they go on the watch, you’ll get the alert there and not on the phone.

You can configure your watch notification settings in the Watch app

Ok that changed from last year. Thanks! I just wasn’t sure what was happening there.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok that changed from last year. Thanks! I just wasn’t sure what was happening there.

I don’t think it has. When you’re wearing your watch, a lot of the notifications on your phone are muted and taken care of by the Apple Watch. You can customize it in the Watch app, though.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think it has. When you’re wearing your watch, a lot of the notifications on your phone are muted and taken care of by the Apple Watch. You can customize it in the Watch app, though.
Well I used to get them on both when I had the 7+ and series 2. Dont matter I just wasn't sure if it did that or I missed a setting. I prefer the ding on the watch cuz I can hear it better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2