What is your favorite announced feature for Watch OS 5.0 coming this September or thereabouts?
    06-07-2018 11:32 AM
    I like the idea of activating Siri merely by raising the watch rather than having to say "Hey Siri".
    Annie_8plus and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-07-2018 11:33 AM
    The walkie-talkie feature looks neat.
    Tartarus, Just_Me_D and vpblaze like this.
    06-07-2018 11:34 AM
    The walkie-talkie feature looks neat.
    Add me when it functional. It’ll be fun.
    rdubmu likes this.
    06-07-2018 11:55 AM
    I have zero interest in walkie-talkie. I hope that it can be disabled completely. (In fact, I basically cringe at the idea of this being widespread. I can remember how annoying those push-to-talk Nextel devices were 15 to 20 years ago.)

I don't have one particular favorite. The features I like seeing:

• Webkit support for messages, email, and especially for WiFi access point logins
    • Automatic detection of workout start and stop (though it's rare when I forget. In fact, I never have. Still, good for everyone else.)
    • Rolling mile/kilometer time in workouts
    • Background audio, so my podcast app of choice can be used watch-only
    • Finally, notifications grouping (my own fault for using apps that send a lot of notifications, though.)
    • Raise the watch for Siri

What I'd still love to see:

• Multiple timers
    • Workout running interval support
    • I know existing watches won't get this, but some sort of always on display
    06-07-2018 12:20 PM
    It may be silly, but accessing Notification center and control center from any screen. And being able to edit placement of icons in control center.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-07-2018 12:39 PM
    I have zero interest in walkie-talkie. I hope that it can be disabled completely. (In fact, I basically cringe at the idea of this being widespread. I can remember how annoying those push-to-talk Nextel devices were 15 to 20 years ago.)

• Webkit support for messages, email, and especially for WiFi access point logins
    • Automatic detection of workout start and stop (though it's rare when I forget. In fact, I never have. Still, good for everyone else.)
    • Finally, notifications grouping (my own fault for using apps that send a lot of notifications, though.)

• Multiple timers
    Walkie-talkie is on opt-in basis.
    You have to actively accept an invitation from someone to use the feature.
    Not sure why you would want to disable it if you simply just can not accept an invitation.
    06-07-2018 12:44 PM
    Walkie-talkie is on opt-in basis.
    You have to actively accept an invitation from someone to use the feature.
    Not sure why you would want to disable it if you simply just can not accept an invitation.
    Not only do I not want to use the feature, I don’t want to even be bothered by it. If somebody tries to contact me that way, I don’t want my watch to notify me at all. Don’t want to even get an invitation. I’d like to be invisible to anyone who might want to contact me thru the feature. That’s what I mean. (I doubt that I have all that many contacts with an Apple Watch who'd try; still...)
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-07-2018 01:58 PM
    I am looking forward to the Walkie Talkie feature, as well as raising the Watch for Siri!
    06-07-2018 02:39 PM

• Multiple timers
    Funny, I actually loved the Nextel radios. To each his own I guess.
    06-07-2018 02:57 PM
    I am looking forward to the Walkie Talkie feature, as well as raising the Watch for Siri!
    How is the raise for Siri going to work? I mean, I raise my wrist to look at my watch - I don’t need to talk to Siri then! How will the watch know the difference?
    06-07-2018 05:59 PM
    How is the raise for Siri going to work? I mean, I raise my wrist to look at my watch - I don’t need to talk to Siri then! How will the watch know the difference?
    It'll be perfect for me. I generally set timers on my watch when I am grilling and who knows what's on my hands. Rather than starting with "Hey Siri" or trying to press the crown with the back of my wrist or something, I can just say, "set a timer for 5 minutes" as soon as the display comes on and it'll go.
    06-07-2018 07:07 PM
    Group notifications.
    I expected more from WatchOS 5.
    06-07-2018 08:02 PM
    I don’t know because I don’t have the beta downloaded. I can’t wait to hear about this from those that do!
    06-07-2018 09:15 PM
    I’ve been on the fence about doing the developer beta...
    07-01-2018 09:00 AM
    I’ve been on the fence about doing the developer beta...
    After listening to the imore show last week, I’d be leery to. Several people’s watch’s were bricked. When that happens, their only option is to send the watch into Apple to be repaired. I do understand that was was after the initial release. It may not be an issue anymore but I would still avoid it!
    07-01-2018 12:17 PM
    Even if there's no probability that my Watch would be bricked, that there's a possibility stops me from considering it.

I did a couple of phone betas, but got tired of the constant alerts about a new beta update. So I decided I could wait. Just not very well. LOL
    07-23-2018 06:40 AM
    I won’t update any tech until I receive notifications. No chance in hell am I going to have issues.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-13-2018 12:53 PM