New Apple Watch Series 3 -- Incoming!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh nice the gold with the pink sand band? What size?

The 38mm one.

8aed42a94ddfd08cf017ded06ebe03dc.heic

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The notification sound and haptic feedback is definitely strong enough for me, and I depend on my Watch a great deal, especially while at work in which my iPhone stays mostly at my desk. With that in mind, have you enabled the "prominent haptic" toggle within the settings on the Watch?

It really depends on what kind of work you do. I used to have a job where I was much more active, moving around constantly in a more noisy environment. I would sometimes miss the vibrations. Now that I have a job that my arms are moving around less I never miss them.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Congrats to your GF. She will love her watch. Have been a smartwatch wearer for 4 yrs now. I cannot wear a regular watch. It feels foreign to me. I was on Samsung for years and switched to Apple more than 18 months ago. Had the series 2 and when the cellular model came out I had to jump on it because I like the idea of not having to have my phone attached to me all the time. I like to walk and just wearing my watch is perfect for it. I have music on and wear my Apple AirPods am good to go.
I have many watch bands as well . I have gotten them on ebay because sellers have great prices. All you need for buying bands is the size of the watch. 38 mm or 42 mm. I had a lot of bands for my series 2 and they fit my series 3 perfectly. And of course the size of the band. I wear the small.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So far so good. She is really liking the answering the phone from her wrist.

The other day she was in a rush to work and never put her watch on and freaked out wondering where she put it down. She called me from work asking me to check so I just opened the iPad at home and said "It is in your car" -- She was mad I remembered the find my iPhone thing and she didn't lol :-x

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
So far so good. She is really liking the answering the phone from her wrist.

The other day she was in a rush to work and never put her watch on and freaked out wondering where she put it down. She called me from work asking me to check so I just opened the iPad at home and said "It is in your car" -- She was mad I remembered the find my iPhone thing and she didn't lol :-x

I’m very happy to hear that she’s enjoying the Watch!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My only main gripe about the AW is that when you’re wearing it and it’s connected to your iPhone all incoming notifications are silenced on the iPhone. The screen doesn’t turn on and no sound, just the ding noise in the watch or the haptic vibrate (which isn’t strong enough). I end up missing lots of notifications. Apparently this was designed so the iPhone can conserve its battery but I wish Apple let that be a setting you can turn on or off.

Mine aren’t silenced. I hear my phone ring. Nothing has changed. Sounds are on

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine aren’t silenced. I hear my phone ring. Nothing has changed. Sounds are on

A phone call will sound the ringtone on both, but any other notification that is set for the watch will not also make a sound on the iPhone. It's either watch or iPhone for everything except phone calls.

I agree with this gripe, and I will add another: I have a customized notification tone for text messages, but the watch can only ding. I'd prefer the ability to add any tone to the watch that is on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro