I just ordered a 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band, GPS + Cellular. I wasn't planning on getting the larger watch, but several people pointed out that the bigger screen would be better for my aging eyes!

I also wasn't planning on getting one with cellular connectivity, but my husband thought the extra $10 a month was a no brainer.

It's going to be here in 2-3 days. I can't wait!
    04-12-2018 09:13 AM
    Congratulations!
    I love the Gold + Pink Sand colour combo.
    Annie_8plus and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-12-2018 09:37 AM
    Congratulations!
    I love the Gold + Pink Sand colour combo.
    Thanks! I'm going to get a couple of extra bands... one being the midnight blue... and the new striped one for spring summer...
    04-12-2018 10:08 AM
    Thanks! I'm going to get a couple of extra bands... one being the midnight blue... and the new striped one for spring summer...
    Watch out! Or you will become a bandaholic like me – LOL
    Annie_8plus and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-12-2018 12:18 PM
    Welcome and you will love it!!!
    Annie_8plus, Just_Me_D and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-12-2018 12:25 PM
    I just ordered a 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band, GPS + Cellular. I wasn't planning on getting the larger watch, but several people pointed out that the bigger screen would be better for my aging eyes!

I also wasn't planning on getting one with cellular connectivity, but my husband thought the extra $10 a month was a no brainer.

Congratulations on getting your new Watch, Annie, and I hope you enjoying using yours as much as I enjoy mine. As for the 42mm size being better on the eyes, that’s debatable. My original series Watch was a 42mm model, however, my Series 3 model is of the 38mm variety and the size difference is minimal at best in regard to viewing and maneuvering its display. At least it is for me.
    Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-12-2018 12:44 PM
    Congrats Annie!! I'm not one for gold for myself, but the gold/midnight blue combo looks amazing!!! Have you played on Apple's site where you can mix different watch/band combos? It's fun.
    Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-12-2018 01:51 PM
    Watch out! Or you will become a bandaholic like me – LOL
    I'm sure of that!!!! Have you purchased any from Amazon?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-12-2018 03:12 PM
    Congrats Annie!! I'm not one for gold for myself, but the gold/midnight blue combo looks amazing!!! Have you played on Apple's site where you can mix different watch/band combos? It's fun.
    I have not played with that! I'm going to check it out asap!
    04-12-2018 03:12 PM
    I have not played with that! I'm going to check it out asap!
    https://www.apple.com/watch/interact...and-sport-loop

I was just playing around with it. The new Denim Blue band looks good with the gold as well.
    04-12-2018 03:31 PM
    Almost ALL of my watch bands come from Amazon.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    04-12-2018 03:34 PM

Welcome to the club.....addiction.....whatever. :-)

My wife and I got ours (LTE models) but initially just used them on wifi. Two weeks ago at dinner we decided to activate them on LTE and let me be the first to eat my words:

I love being able to go to the store, run a few errands and even go on my evening and weekend walks and bike rides and leave my phone at home and just use my watch and airpods.
    04-12-2018 03:36 PM
    Congrats on your purchase. Now the real spending begins.

My bands (which, in total, cost more than the watch) are probably 80% from Amazon. I'd recommend Apple for some such as the link or milanese, but definitely go to Amazon for the sport (Moko) or nylon (Kartice) bands.
    04-12-2018 05:01 PM
    I’ve bought a lot from Amazon (Moko brand), but they don’t seem to offer them much any more.
    04-12-2018 06:41 PM
    Congrats on your purchase! If you’re anything like me you’ll start to get annoyed when your phone makes any noise and can’t live without a smart watch ha ha.
    ksassy and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-12-2018 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions about bands on Amazon!!!! I was wondering about the sizing they have for some of them... for example on one band I'm looking at, I can choose between: 42MM S/M or 42MM M/L .
    04-13-2018 07:57 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions about bands on Amazon!!!! I was wondering about the sizing they have for some of them... for example on one band I'm looking at, I can choose between: 42MM S/M or 42MM M/L .
    Your watch will come with one of each size of the band so you'll be able to figure out which you need at that point.

I use the M/L, but my wrists aren't all that big, but those with smaller wrists may want to stick to the S/M so there's not a lot of bulk under the strap.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-13-2018 08:01 AM
    Your watch will come with one of each size of the band so you'll be able to figure out which you need at that point.

I use the M/L, but my wrists aren't all that big, but those with smaller wrists may want to stick to the S/M so there's not a lot of bulk under the strap.
    Oh awesome!!! Thanks for clueing me in!
    04-13-2018 08:03 AM
    Oh awesome!!! Thanks for clueing me in!
    The side with the pin on it is one size. The other side is the S/M or M/L. Apple bands come with both sizes when you buy them, but I guess since the Amazon bands are so much cheaper you have to specify.
    04-13-2018 08:04 AM
    Congrats Annie!!! Be sure to post photos after it arrives so we can see your new watch!!!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-13-2018 06:43 PM
    How exciting and congrats on your new Apple Watch! Doesn't matter when you joined the party but the fact that you did is what counts. You'll be amazed how this accessory allows you to put your phone down. A word of caution about buying watch bands...it's a hidden addiction especially if like to accessorize. Enjoy the new extension of your phone!!
    04-13-2018 09:31 PM

The larger size should also get you a bit better battery life. congrats on the new watch!
    Annie_8plus and Tartarus like this.
    04-14-2018 05:56 AM
    but I guess since the Amazon bands are so much cheaper you have to specify.
    ... Or you just get what you get. (Same reason)
    msm0511 and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-14-2018 07:50 AM
    ... Or you just get what you get. (Same reason)
    I've never bought any bands from Amazon. I don't trust the 3rd party ones. My eyes are somehow always drawn to only the negative reviews.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-14-2018 08:06 AM
    I've never bought any bands from Amazon. I don't trust the 3rd party ones. My eyes are somehow always drawn to only the negative reviews.
    I completely understand your concern!
    04-14-2018 08:09 AM
35 12