I'm late to the party...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered a 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band, GPS + Cellular. I wasn't planning on getting the larger watch, but several people pointed out that the bigger screen would be better for my aging eyes! :rolleyes:

I also wasn't planning on getting one with cellular connectivity, but my husband thought the extra $10 a month was a no brainer.

It's going to be here in 2-3 days. I can't wait!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band, GPS + Cellular. I wasn't planning on getting the larger watch, but several people pointed out that the bigger screen would be better for my aging eyes! :rolleyes:

I also wasn't planning on getting one with cellular connectivity, but my husband thought the extra $10 a month was a no brainer.

Congratulations on getting your new Watch, Annie, and I hope you enjoying using yours as much as I enjoy mine. As for the 42mm size being better on the eyes, that’s debatable. My original series Watch was a 42mm model, however, my Series 3 model is of the 38mm variety and the size difference is minimal at best in regard to viewing and maneuvering its display. At least it is for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks! I'm going to get a couple of extra bands... one being the midnight blue... and the new striped one for spring summer...

Congrats Annie!! I'm not one for gold for myself, but the gold/midnight blue combo looks amazing!!! Have you played on Apple's site where you can mix different watch/band combos? It's fun.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Congrats Annie!! I'm not one for gold for myself, but the gold/midnight blue combo looks amazing!!! Have you played on Apple's site where you can mix different watch/band combos? It's fun.

I have not played with that! I'm going to check it out asap!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to the club.....addiction.....whatever. :)

My wife and I got ours (LTE models) but initially just used them on wifi. Two weeks ago at dinner we decided to activate them on LTE and let me be the first to eat my words:

I love being able to go to the store, run a few errands and even go on my evening and weekend walks and bike rides and leave my phone at home and just use my watch and airpods.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure of that!!!! Have you purchased any from Amazon?

Congrats on your purchase. Now the real spending begins. :)

My bands (which, in total, cost more than the watch) are probably 80% from Amazon. I'd recommend Apple for some such as the link or milanese, but definitely go to Amazon for the sport (Moko) or nylon (Kartice) bands.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! If you’re anything like me you’ll start to get annoyed when your phone makes any noise and can’t live without a smart watch ha ha.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions about bands on Amazon!!!! I was wondering about the sizing they have for some of them... for example on one band I'm looking at, I can choose between: 42MM S/M or 42MM M/L .

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks for the suggestions about bands on Amazon!!!! I was wondering about the sizing they have for some of them... for example on one band I'm looking at, I can choose between: 42MM S/M or 42MM M/L .

Your watch will come with one of each size of the band so you'll be able to figure out which you need at that point.

I use the M/L, but my wrists aren't all that big, but those with smaller wrists may want to stick to the S/M so there's not a lot of bulk under the strap.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Your watch will come with one of each size of the band so you'll be able to figure out which you need at that point.

I use the M/L, but my wrists aren't all that big, but those with smaller wrists may want to stick to the S/M so there's not a lot of bulk under the strap.

Oh awesome!!! Thanks for clueing me in! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative