To those of you with a series 3 Watch AND have cellular enabled for it, is it still worth it to you or do you find that you don’t use its cellular capabilities enough to justify the additional cost?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 04:55 PM
    To those of you with a series 3 Watch AND have cellular enabled for it, is it still worth it to you or do you find that you don’t use its cellular capabilities enough to justify the additional cost?
    It’s worth it to me. I rarely use it, but I like knowing it’s there if I need it. And I don’t miss the $10 per month!
    Lee_Bo and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-08-2018 05:55 PM
    Just to get the alert for phonecalls on my watch when I don't have my phone near is likely enough, but I think the cellular allows my watch to be my golf distance watch without my phone....so far it's not vital but handy and week keep it
    Just_Me_D and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-08-2018 05:56 PM
    It’s worth it to me. I rarely use it, but I like knowing it’s there if I need it. And I don’t miss the $10 per month!
    It was the same with my iPad Pro cellular model. The extra $10 a month was worth it until I went months on end without using it and then it no longer made sense. With my Watch, however, it is always with me and would appear to be worth it, especially when I’m at work because I typically leave my iPhone at my desk.
    Lee_Bo and ivanwi11iams like this.
    04-08-2018 06:26 PM
    Just to get the alert for phonecalls on my watch when I don't have my phone near is likely enough, but I think the cellular allows my watch to be my golf distance watch without my phone....so far it's not vital but handy and week keep it
    I hear you. My Watch is always with me so it would make sense for me to enable its cellular capabilities.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 06:28 PM
    I hear you. My Watch is always with me so it would make sense for me to enable its cellular capabilities.
    I would like to see more compelling uses for it on the watch though...I think it'll happen
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 06:30 PM
    I would like to see more compelling uses for it on the watch though...I think it'll happen
    Can you give some examples? I mean, I’m not sure how many more capabilities can be incorporated into it.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 06:34 PM
    Can you give some examples? I mean, I’m not sure how many more capabilities can be incorporated into it.
    There are a ton of apps that are great on the iPhone and not very usable on the apple watch- I think many improvements can be made on workout and activity apps for sure.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 06:52 PM
    Definitely worth the $10 / month. When I go on my evening and weekend walks and bike rides I really like to leave my phone at home and just take my watch and Bluetooth earphones.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-08-2018 09:14 PM
    There are a ton of apps that are great on the iPhone and not very usable on the apple watch- I think many improvements can be made on workout and activity apps for sure.
    Oh yeah, I definitely agree with that!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 09:27 PM
    Definitely worth the $10 / month. When I go on my evening and weekend walks and bike rides I really like to leave my phone at home and just take my watch and Bluetooth earphones.
    Awesome! The more I think about it, the more I think I’ll activate its cellular option.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-08-2018 09:28 PM
    I have it activated but don't recall ever really using it. I think my data consumption in total has been something like 0.1 GB. To me it is insurance in case something happens to my phone (lost, dropped, or the more likely, left behind at home). I didn't have high expectations for it, so for me I'm ok with the $10 if only for the warm fuzzy blanket.
    Just_Me_D, Annie_8plus and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-08-2018 10:10 PM
    I've been toying with this idea for a while now. My Series 1 is starting to grow a little sluggish with certain tasks so I am interested in upgrading soon. On one hand I wasn't sure if having cellular was worth an extra $10 a month. But on the other hand, there seems to be convenience in having it and I honestly won't even notice the extra $10 so I'm leaning towards it being worth it. Verizon also gives the first three months free so that helps as well. (I believe that promo is still ongoing).

I intend on making a decision within the next few weeks. We shall see.
    04-08-2018 10:29 PM
    Here in Singapore the LTE model was only launched on February 9 with a single Telco and fortunately I'm a subscriber. 3 weeks later I bought the watch and activated the LTE function and never looked back.

As some said it's good to have it when you need it, though I myself also seldom use it as I have my phone with me most of the time. The down side is when the LTE kicks in, it drains battery quickly even though you just leave it alone.
    04-09-2018 03:55 AM
    Though I don’t have a cellular model, I could never fathom why someone would leave their phone at home...which is what a lot of the argument for going cellular model seemed to be.
    Just_Me_D, Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    04-09-2018 07:14 AM
    Though I don’t have a cellular model, I could never fathom why someone would leave their phone at home...which is what a lot of the argument for going cellular model seemed to be.
    Going to the beach for example. Or to a dance party.
    04-09-2018 09:42 AM
    Going to the beach for example. Or to a dance party.
    Having my phone at the ready ICE makes me have more fun.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-09-2018 09:52 AM
    Its only worth it because they don't make a stainless steel version without cellular. Stainless steel are the only ones I'll buy so I don't really have a choice.
    Snoweagle and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-09-2018 10:42 AM
    Its only worth it because they don't make a stainless steel version without cellular. Stainless steel are the only ones I'll buy so I don't really have a choice.
    I believe the question is not so much about the LTE watch but about having LTE service enabled on the watch and as another line on your cellular plan. You can buy the LTE version of the watch without activating a cellular account for it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2018 11:14 AM
    When I watched and learned the LTE model was coming, yes, my first thought was "But who leaves their phone at home?". However, after activating LTE on mine and my wife's watches, I'm finding that I'm leaving my phone at home more now. Got those quick trips to the grocery store or gas station, phone stays at home. For those evening and weekend walks and bike rides, phone stays at home. When I go up into the mountains to ride the trails, phone stays in the car.

So yes, I'm eating my words. I'm finding that I'm leaving my phone at home or in the car a lot more in the past couple of weeks.
    04-09-2018 11:41 AM
    I don't use the cellular on mine a ton, but I love having it there for when I do. I like to use both iOS and Android. If I feel like it I can carry my Android phone (on a different line), wear my Apple Watch and not miss iMessage. I've accidentally forgotten my phone a few times, but didn't have to worry about it because I was wearing my watch. I would love to leave my phone at home when I go on walks, but I can't because Apple still hasn't released a version of Podcasts for watchOS. Come on Apple?!?!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-12-2018 03:03 PM
    I’ve since activated the cellular option and am glad I did. Thank you all for your responses. You helped me a great deal and I appreciate it. Thanks again!
    joemd60, cwbcpa, Lee_Bo and 2 others like this.
    04-12-2018 03:06 PM
    In my opinion, nope. I always have my iPhone around
    04-12-2018 09:59 PM
    It's worth it to me but primarily due to health issues (heart patient) so it's important that I have a phone with/on me 24/7 in case I do have a cardiac event. So far, so good in not needing it but going for a walk or hitting the gym without having to schlep the phone with me is awesome.
    04-18-2018 12:57 PM
    I use it and like it a lot. Like how I can leave my phone at home if running a short errand or walking. Very convenient for me and well worth it.
    04-22-2018 08:01 PM
57 123