I use it and like it a lot. Like how I can leave my phone at home if running a short errand or walking. Very convenient for me and well worth it.
    Yeah, it's definitely frees you from the iPhone...
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-22-2018 08:35 PM
    I have had a few times where my phone is not with me, typically in my office I leave them at my desk and will have the cellular on, and back to my desk in 5 minutes or so. Still its ok, but it should be $10, maybe $5. Cellular on my iPad Pro while I don't use it all the time I have tried it without cellular and found I don't like draining my iPhone battery just to pair it so that $10 was worth it and since its actually using data I don't mind the $10, but the watch is just pairing and rarely sees true stand alone use.
    Lee_Bo and ladyc0524 like this.
    05-12-2018 09:52 AM
    I have had a few times where my phone is not with me, typically in my office I leave them at my desk and will have the cellular on, and back to my desk in 5 minutes or so. Still its ok, but it should be $10, maybe $5. Cellular on my iPad Pro while I don't use it all the time I have tried it without cellular and found I don't like draining my iPhone battery just to pair it so that $10 was worth it and since its actually using data I don't mind the $10, but the watch is just pairing and rarely sees true stand alone use.
    It’s not just pairing. The carriers still have to create a separate number, link the iPhone number to the watch number so both devices ring when there is a call to the iPhone, prevent calls to the number for the watch, change the caller I’d when you call from the watch to match the iPhone number, push all messages to the two numbers, in addition to sharing a data pool. Still, if it’s not worth $10 to you, then cancel and hope that they enough cancellations to reduce the price.

If there weren’t enough people paying $10/month, the price would go down, or the service would disappear. The only power you have is to pay or not to pay.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-12-2018 12:09 PM
    Fair enough but it was touted as not needing a SIM and it would use your existing number but didn't happen since the carriers want money and yet again we waste phone #'s requiring new area codes when it really shouldn't be.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-13-2018 05:52 PM
    Yeah, it's definitely frees you from the iPhone...
    Now your making me want to go out and get one. Haha. My series 2 is still good but a little sluggish.
    05-19-2018 11:46 AM
    Now your making me want to go out and get one. Haha. My series 2 is still good but a little sluggish.
    My original series Watch was just fine, except for the snail pace in which it updated watchOS. To be honest, I could have continued using it without a problem, but I’m definitely glad I got the Series 3 cellular model. Being able to continue having communicating capabilities if I opt to leave my iPhone is worth it to me.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-19-2018 12:35 PM
    My original series Watch was just fine, except for the snail pace in which it updated watchOS. To be honest, I could have continued using it without a problem, but I’m definitely glad I got the Series 3 cellular model. Being able to continue having communicating capabilities if I opt to leave my iPhone is worth it to me.
    To quote Wade Garrett:

Exactly right!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-19-2018 12:39 PM
    Honestly, if I have to pay for it myself I would cancel it. But since work covers the costs I have it enabled. I don’t use it very often.
    Lee_Bo and John Yester like this.
    05-19-2018 01:43 PM
    ATT users: is the fee $10? Taxes will vary, but can you advice what you're paying with tax? Originally, I thought they were going to charge $15 plus taxes.

There was a period after purchase where you got free activation. Is that over?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-19-2018 08:08 PM
    Ok, I just drilled down on the ATT site and see that the fee is $10. So far so good. I'm curious about the breadth of taxes you guys (includes gals) see.

I didn't see anything about activation at this time. As much as I hate it, I may have to deal with att though I don't have an S3 yet.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-19-2018 08:20 PM
    Taxes aren't very much on $10, its the constant nickel and dime mentality of the telecom and mobile device sector. I know we are better off cost wise than Canada is, but honestly the EU has it far better than us. They have been used to paying full price for devices for years and years and got cheap data and voice packages. Now we are paying full price fof the hardware and are still paying too much for the data we get and really no one uses voice, its all data.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-19-2018 09:08 PM
    Same here. I’ve officially retired my original Apple Watch ever since I got my Series 3 LTE, so now only using together with my Series 2.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-19-2018 09:40 PM
    I didn't think that I'd want it, but my husband talked me into it, and it's actually been quite handy!!!
    05-22-2018 08:50 AM
    For me, it's not even a matter of it being cellular enabled.. I just expect a device to be able to communicate with the world & my other devices in some way at all times.

To those of you with a series 3 Watch AND have cellular enabled for it, is it still worth it to you or do you find that you don’t use its cellular capabilities enough to justify the additional cost?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-15-2018 10:27 AM
    It's $5 a month here with the first 3 months free, if apps like tune in radio worked with LTE without my iPhone i would get one and sell my AW2, but they don't.
    07-24-2018 06:41 PM
    It's $5 a month here with the first 3 months free, if apps like tune in radio worked with LTE without my iPhone i would get one and sell my AW2, but they don't.
    That's a great price!
    07-26-2018 02:59 PM
    I umpire softball so I’m out on the diamond for hours at a time without my phone so it’s great that I can still stay in contact if I need to.
    07-26-2018 10:27 PM
    I have to say that lately I have gotten some benefit from the cellular functions, still no where near what I should or could get but still some. I was in my car in the driveway doing something, phone was inside and I got a call on my AW3C and was able to take the call and finish what I was doing. I forgot my phone in my car this past weekend when I dropped it off for service, I got my phone later that day but people could still reach me which was cool. I also like how I can get calls on my iPad (Pro) too if my phone isn't around which is nice.
    08-06-2018 09:20 PM
    I have to say that lately I have gotten some benefit from the cellular functions, still no where near what I should or could get but still some. I was in my car in the driveway doing something, phone was inside and I got a call on my AW3C and was able to take the call and finish what I was doing. I forgot my phone in my car this past weekend when I dropped it off for service, I got my phone later that day but people could still reach me which was cool. I also like how I can get calls on my iPad (Pro) too if my phone isn't around which is nice.
    You won't get "what you should or could" if you always have your phone with you. Leave it home when yo go out more to increase that, or be happy that it does what you need, if you need it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-07-2018 06:47 AM
    Having the Series 3 Watch with cellular enabled is definitely worth it, in my opinion. Although my iPhone is literally on my person 95% of the time, having the Watch in my wrist during the times I did not have it has been a Blessing. Recently, I had a lot of things in my mind and ended up at a Walgreen’s store. I had forgotten both my wallet and my iPhone. Thankfully, I was wearing my Watch so I was able to pay for the items I purchased via Pay.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-07-2018 08:17 AM
    Not so fast all you leave the phone at home peeps. It isn’t quite that easy.

1) The LTE antenna is TERRIBLE, unless you are in a five (maybe 4 sometimes) bar area it just plain doesn’t work...sorry, but the big red X has my screen most of the time the phone isn’t around and I live in a dense area.

2) Only Apple core apps work with the LTE only (phone not around), so it’s limited to what you got with the phone.

3) The interface is awful for anything you need to do quickly over LTE since it uses Siri without the phone, so answering texts is as bad as bad, phone calls are not private (unless you can get those buds out in time which becomes a fiasco).

So, after my 6 month experiment with my stainless Series 3, the LTE is turning off. The phone is with me no matter and it is way too rare it is separated to use ... and to use efficiently.... not in this life.
    08-07-2018 02:00 PM
    And this right here is why I just added the cellular option with my watch.
    Albeit, I just bought the AWS3 three days ago...

With my Watch, however, it is always with me and would appear to be worth it, especially when I’m at work because I typically leave my iPhone at my desk.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-07-2018 05:02 PM
    Not so fast all you leave the phone at home peeps. It isn’t quite that easy.

1) The LTE antenna is TERRIBLE, unless you are in a five (maybe 4 sometimes) bar area it just plain doesn’t work...sorry, but the big red X has my screen most of the time the phone isn’t around and I live in a dense area.
    Maybe, maybe not. All I can say is that whenever I’ve needed to make a call, reply to a text message etc., when my iPhone was not near me, I’ve been able to do every time.

2) Only Apple core apps work with the LTE only (phone not around), so it’s limited to what you got with the phone.
    I’ll take your word for it because I don’t have or need any 3rd-party apps using LTE on my Watch.

3) The interface is awful for anything you need to do quickly over LTE since it uses Siri without the phone, so answering texts is as bad as bad, phone calls are not private (unless you can get those buds out in time which becomes a fiasco).
    The Phone app is almost identical to that of the iPhone. You can either tap on the contact to call him or her or ask Siri to call the person for you. As for conversation privacy, do you want to hold the watch to your ear like you do your iPhone? That would make people thing you’re talking to your elbow or something.
    So, after my 6 month experiment with my stainless Series 3, the LTE is turning off. The phone is with me no matter and it is way too rare it is separated to use ... and to use efficiently.... not in this life.
    I think you’ve made the best decision for you. Well done.
    08-07-2018 05:43 PM
    After six months of usage without cellular service on the 2 model and about ten months of usage with cellular data on 3, my experience has been that it's very useful. I like to take calls while moving around, sometimes my phone will be charging at my desk and I will be in the workshop. I do match it with my airpods and I have to say, it's grown into my go to device instead of carrying the phone around.

A great example is walking my dog twice a day, so much better with the watch, get to listen to music without lugging a big phone in my jogging pants.

It really depends on how much you move around I would assume. Someone at a desk has no real use of the watch where using a computer or iphone is much faster and productive. I rarely look at a gps map on my watch, simply because if I have to map out a new location, I will do it beforehand. Besides I like to use Ways for best live traffic monitoring when driving, and obviously use the phone as a mounted screen.

But for calls and voice texting, although not being perfect, is already a nice step of advancement for LTE service on the watch.
    08-07-2018 06:17 PM
    Yes, still worth it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-08-2018 06:17 AM
57 123