My Apple Watch damage

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How can I prevent I didn’t use a case since my zagg protector none fit it and caused bubbles

C’mon Alex. You’ve been around long enough to know that unless you either don’t touch the device at all or completely seal it from having any outside contact, it will eventually show signs of wear, especially with daily use. In addition, since an Watch is worn on your wrist and can easily bump into things, the risk is bit higher.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It's impossible to own a device and not get some very minor cosmetic defect on it one way or another. It would probably be beneficial for you to not comb over your device every waking moment looking for every minor thing wrong with it. Instead, take time to enjoy your device for what it is and not worry about such trivial things.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been using stainless steel AWs since first gen and up to now, I'm not particular at all on micro scratches appearing over time, even on my recently purchased Series 3 LTE.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Why would the OP not use the Apple insurance (assuming minor cosmetic damage is covered), if she/he has it?

Good question. There are three good reasons, in my opinion:

1. OP says that he/she doesn't want to
2. It's a very minor scratch, and the deductible for repair is $69
3. You are only allowed two damage repair incidents under AppleCare+ in the two years that it covers. I'd suggest that holding on to those two incidents in case of a broken or badly scratched crystal, or more critical damage, is a better idea. As @Tartarus suggested, OP can just wait until AppleCare+ is almost over to have that scratch plus any others that have accumulated fixed at that time for $69.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Good question. There are three good reasons, in my opinion:

1. OP says that he/she doesn't want to
2. It's a very minor scratch, and the deductible for repair is $69
3. You are only allowed two damage repair incidents under AppleCare+ in the two years that it covers. I'd suggest that holding on to those two incidents in case of a broken or badly scratched crystal, or more critical damage, is a better idea. As @Tartarus suggested, OP can just wait until AppleCare+ is almost over to have that scratch plus any others that have accumulated fixed at that time for $69.

This!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My Apple Watch got scuffed on the case is this fixable I got apple care plus but is there anything I can do ?

I don’t want to use Apple care plus if not needed and I accidentally drop my watch on my glass tv stand .

Oh not not this again.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Also, important to call out the watch in question is the aluminum version which is more susceptible to scratches and even worse dents if knocked hard enough. My personal opinion is to NOT use, wait I mean WASTE one of two Applecare+ replacements on this tiny mark. You'll regret it because chances are your next scratch, which at the end of the day is character on a watch, will be bigger than that. Why waste one of your two replacements cases on this when a bigger accident may occur down the road where you legitimately need to use one due to a malfunctioning or not functioning at all watch. Think it through.