Is the Stainless really worth the extra $200?

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
For me its not the cost difference otherwise I wouldn't be using iOS devices and buying new ones annually :) but having to get cellular just to get stainless steel and having to pay more for cellular is a poor move on their part . . . IMO.

If your priority is getting stainless steel over cellular, then no choice, else there’re still the aluminum versions.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
For me its not the cost difference otherwise I wouldn't be using iOS devices and buying new ones annually :) but having to get cellular just to get stainless steel and having to pay more for cellular is a poor move on their part . . . IMO.

I only got the cellular version because I wanted the SS model. I'm happy I have the cellular now though. I still think the $15 TMo charges is a little much.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the AW3 aluminum version with Ion-X Glass and am strongly considering to get the SS. With moderate use and being careful with my watch I still noticed some slight scratches on my screen and I find that very annoying.
I hope the SS with the more scratch resistant will fare better on my wrist. Ooh, and I love how the SS looks, something I expected the silver aluminum would make me not wanting an SS.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the AW3 aluminum version with Ion-X Glass and am strongly considering to get the SS. With moderate use and being careful with my watch I still noticed some slight scratches on my screen and I find that very annoying.
I hope the SS with the more scratch resistant will fare better on my wrist. Ooh, and I love how the SS looks, something I expected the silver aluminum would make me not wanting an SS.

I’m considering the same. I have the Gold Aluminum AW3 and noticed more than a few scratches on my screen

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the very first sport aluminum and I just bought the series 3 sport aluminum. I wore the first one naked since launch and it got beat around quite a bit but never scratched, screen or body. I bought the Spigen Tough Armor case for the s3, for no reason other than to add a little bulk to the watch.

Is the $200 worth it? To me, no, based on my own experiences with the sport aluminum.

Was the extra $70 for LTE worth it? To me, again, no, but I bought it anyway as I'll probably activate it in the coming weeks.

I'm changing my answer. If you decide it's worth it, then it really doesn't matter what all of us think. You're the one buying and using it. If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
In fact the sapphire crystal on the SS is definitely more durable and I can vouch for it. I've a couple of occasions banged it on hard surfaces and even brushed it across concrete walls, all without a single scratch or blemish on it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
In fact the sapphire crystal on the SS is definitely more durable and I can vouch for it. I've a couple of occasions banged it on hard surfaces and even brushed it across concrete walls, all without a single scratch or blemish on it.

It’s very durable. My Space Black still looks brand new after heavy wear since last year.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It’s very durable. My Space Black still looks brand new after heavy wear since last year.

So that's part of the reason why we're paying a lot more. The premium look of SS plus the durability or sapphire crystal front and ceramic back all adds up to the cost.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I debated it and went for it. Best decision I made thus far.... I work in emergency services and IT. SBSS has been smashed, dragged and dropped and a once every few weeks, a wipe down and it still look new out of the box.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I debated it and went for it. Best decision I made thus far.... I work in emergency services and IT. SBSS has been smashed, dragged and dropped and a once every few weeks, a wipe down and it still look new out of the box.

You're crazy ... Crazy I tell ya!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR